Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well First off thanks Jim for the PM question :smileup: , Yes the autoscrub system is confusing at first and many of their products are Multi-use.

Example the Shock and Glide can both be used as a lubricant for the Autoscrub, and they can both be used as a Quick detailer. It is suggested that Only use the Nano Shock if using the Hand sponge or Pad !!

So heres just some basic info that I have found to work well , While far from a Detailing expert or guru , like most here I sometimes dont have 7-8 hours to fine tune the entire car.

So here are just some things I have found to work.

First since all of our cars are newer, Whether you go with the Small sponge (also recommend one of these on areas that you can get the DA pad into.) The hand pad or the DA pad.
1:) I have used both the Shock and Glide as Lubricant , The Glide is what I recommend to use First you dilute it 7:1 so you can use it more for better lubrication therefore it lasts longer.

2:) First time use prep of AutoScrub pad , The AUTOSCRUB has a protective coating to ensure stability within transportation.

To break in the pad, moisten the AUTOSCRUB with desired lubricant.(again I use glide)
Moisten a portion of window glass or other glass surface. Rub AUTOSCRUB in circular motion against the glass for 30~60 seconds. You may see a white soapy foam. This is the protective sealant coming off. Don’t use until the polymerized rubber is soft and slightly tacky.
Cold temperatures may stiffen pad. Warm surface before using.

3:) Pad is now ready to use and you only need to Prep that pad once when you first use it:smileup: thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt.
Dilute GLIDE to desired strength. (16 Oz. makes 1 Gal. RTU.)
Mist sufficient GLIDE onto the surface evenly.
Polish the surface with dual action orbital polisher using light pressure (Low Speed).
Wipe off residue with clean dry microfiber towel.

4:) Then I go with a quick cleanup of Nano Shock as it works very well as a sealant (great if you cant spend all day on your car)
Shake well. Use only on clean, cool paint and out of direct sunlight.
Mist NANO SHOCK onto one section at a time.
Quickly spread product with clean dry microfiber towel.
Turn to a dry portion of the towel, then wipe dry.
At this point tell me how smooth your paint is :smileup:

5:) This is where I go about a coat of wax , then Glaze if you use it Now if you have the time I would hold off on the shock until after you wax as it also seals the wax :smileup:

Now any questions ask away :smileup: again Not a expert here just going off of what has worked for me .

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add when you wash Car I recommend washing with Dawn dish soap, why because it strips the wax from your car letting you actually get to imperfections .

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
I'm getting there....got the 6" pad and some glide. Didn't realize I need to get a backing plate so I put in an order for one of those and some pads as well. Just need a decent couple of days to give it all a try. No idea where I'm going to find somewhere shady that has electricity available. Probably the best I'm gonna be able to do is set up a couple of EZ-UP tents and work underneath them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.