Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
But, but, it has Suede written in, isn't that theoreticaly a document that has to be true (with exceptions to VW's diesels).

Attachments

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
The seats in the wife's SRT state suede but I think it is in fact cloth or Alcantara by any other name...

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is alcantara. Real suede would be a pain to maintain.

Reactions: Lukasz Langa

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Alcantara is superior to suede in the durability department, as it is a synthetic material. Suede is leather, albeit, the underside of the animal skin, it is way too delicate to be used on a DD. It will wear very quickly. Looks like someone got carried away in the marketing department, not that it's the first time (as beekeeper 16 stated) that they have made a marketing claim that later turned out to be untrue.

I love the alcantera seats, and I chose them over the leather personally because I liked the feel, and the look with the little shimmering it has through the vented seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alcantara is superior to suede in the durability department, as it is a synthetic material. Suede is leather, albeit, the underside of the animal skin, it is way too delicate to be used on a DD. It will wear very quickly. Looks like someone got carried away in the marketing department, not that it's the first time (as beekeeper 16 stated) that they have made a marketing claim that later turned out to be untrue.

I love the alcantera seats, and I chose them over the leather personally because I liked the feel, and the look with the little shimmering it has through the vented seats.
Hi There! I’m new and just got my GT. What is that shimmer in those seats? I’m curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I still can't make heads or tails out of the interior part of build your own

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,017 Posts
I have the same seat material, be careful how you clean your seats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts