Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 srt8 challenger in oranger with 7000 miles. 5264 of 6400 made. Vladimir ducasse was the previous owner . Bench player from the NY jets. the problem is my service appointment is tuesday morning. The major problem is while I was driving on the pioneer radio screen it said system error detected improper brake LEAD. and there and awfull burning smell.......It smells like brakes or burning rubber can anyone help.
 

·
What's Old is New Again!
Joined
·
39,539 Posts
Just an educated guess here. I think the lead that goes from the Pioneer radio to the parking brake switch is probably hooked up to some other hot wire. That lead keeps the DVD from being used when the car is in motion. It's a safety feature. I would cut the radio off until you get it checked out. This shoul have actually showed up when you test drove.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay and also im new to this kind of muscle car i traded in my 300c for this and theres a subwoofer kicker in the trunk the sound system is not that great but i want this burning smell to go away. i tried smelling too wheels but i cant figure it out smell is awful.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top