Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Thomas, I am new to this forum…. I have a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (RED) with some rock chips on the hood and bumper, I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum but can't find anything about rock chip repair…. I saw a TV commercial this past Sunday on Car Crazy on the Velocity Channel for a company called EZ Chip Repair….. I went to their website Ezchiprepair.com and looked around… the product looks good, so I went to google and read the reviews and they have mostly good reviews. So my question is has anyone in this forum tried this product???? I would love their feedback before I buy it…. Thank you

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
It's a good product from what I've read in reviews from other people. Another product called Dr. ColorChip has been around longer and has a rock solid reputation from both amateur users and professional detailers for the effectiveness of their product. The website is drcolorchip.com.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
It's a good product from what I've read in reviews from other people. Another product called Dr. ColorChip has been around longer and has a rock solid reputation from both amateur users and professional detailers for the effectiveness of their product. The website is drcolorchip.com.
Rock Solid? Was the pun intended?:str:

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
LOL!

welcome to the Z Thomas...good luck with the chips. I've heard great things about the DrColorChip and when it comes to keeping your car in fantastic condition, HemiMetal is a pretty secure point of information to consider.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Welcome to the Z Thomas. I have not had the experience (Yet!) of doing chip repair on my Challenger. However, I will recommend getting a good Bra for yours after you do get those chips taken care of. You don't need to always have the bra on your car but during certain seasons when there is more chance of chips happening it's good to have one around. Lou.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Having had Dr Colorchip since I bought my '11, it worked great when new, but now... Pretty useless. I'm willing to try again, but it seems it may have a shelf life. It now completely wipes away, leaving nothing in the chip, but the product is nearly three years old. Did not use to be an issue.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
Having had Dr Colorchip since I bought my '11, it worked great when new, but now... Pretty useless. I'm willing to try again, but it seems it may have a shelf life. It now completely wipes away, leaving nothing in the chip, but the product is nearly three years old. Did not use to be an issue.
The product has a shelf life of one year. It is stated on the box and I believe also on their website. I recently used it to repair three different chips, one above the windshield, a very small one on the hood, and one on the lower driver's side panel. It worked amazingly well. Follow the instructions, and you can't go wrong. Here are some pictures of what is exactly in the kit, the chip before and after. This chip was the larger one. I will be filling in this chip again to make sure it is done properly. It has become difficult to find it!

Attachments

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I think he was just being a little "boulder" with his imagery. Pebblebly just said it without realizing! Ok geez I'm done lol :gy:
OK, now say that with a stone-cold, gravelly tone... :hah:

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you don't have detailing tools yourself (machines, pads, compounds/polishes, etc.), you can inquire with a professional detailer that offers paint correction. Using OEM touch-up paint, dab it in with a tooth pick, then bring out the tools to level it down, polish it out, and properly top it with a coating/sealant/wax.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts