Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys like anyone else Im excited about getting behind the wheel of a Challenger. Im 22 Navy Submariner so I have steady income and yearly promotions that being said I am only E-4 right now so I cant "reasonably" afford what I really want which is the 392 T/A. Sooo for about $3,000 down id like to find the best Challenger under $40,000 I can get into. Now here are the things I want out of the car. Manual V8 all the way as what Im looking for doesn't have to be the fastest but im looking more for the most fun to drive with some bragging rights. I don't necessarily want an R/T because its too much of a base model. Ive always enjoyed RARE cars and something that I wont necessarily see on the street. So out of cool factor and pricing Ive narrowed it down between the T/A or the Shaker. Input guys third options are welcome as long as their affordable.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
If you don't mind a used scat pack they are everywhere for low 30's I have seen 16's with 3xxx miles for low 30's scat packs seem to have a pretty low resale so you should be good with a 40k budget. Carguru is a great place to look that's where I found my car

·
Premium Member
12,543 Posts
First thank you for your service.... If you want new you should be able to get a T/A within your budget as long as you go skinny on the options.

Reactions: FastMikeR1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind driving a used but im leaning more towards a new leased for 2 years then buying after the contract expires. The method behind that path of thinking is because leasing would be around $350 a month while buying even a several thousands dollar less used would be around $450-500 a month due to the higher interest rate on used vehicles. Any thoughts or experience with leasing?

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Leasing is another word for renting , money down the toilet IMO . I have leased but not through choice.
Lightly used fully loaded SRT , but I am probably biased .
Good luck

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hello Deputy, I just bought a new 392 shaker with Dynamics package, but paid more than your budget 41362 after rebates. Though I believe you may be able to get into a 392 scat pack in your budget. What I did was looked at dealers inventory upto 300 mi away from me. I knew what option I wanted so had a good idea of what the price would be. Also I had financing preapproved. I contacted dealers via email telling them what I wanted. With that I could make offers. If they said no I could walk away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I would just get a used scat pack shaker for under 40k. In fact that's exactly what I did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can build a T/A, with some good options for 40K, and a T/A Plus for about 43K, not stripped ( including rebates ), and if you can get your dealer to work with you a bit, ( chase a 17 on the lot maybe.. ) you can knock about 2-3K off of each..

If you really want the 392, then the used scat pack shaker will probably be your best bet.. ( anything new T/A or Scat with a 392 will be 43+ stripped, before negotiating.. but you almost HAVE to buy at least the dynamics package with the scat..)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hey i looked at my dealer today and they have a 2018 go mango scat pack A8 and sticker is 41 k I thought about you and I know you was wanting a T/A or shaker but it's pretty good deal I thought

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
What I found absoluty crazy is the scat pack was 41k and 3 cars down was a sxt v6 that was 34k WHY JUST WHY would someone buy the v6 when they could have the 485hp SCAT PACK for 7,000 more :eek: I don't understand :confused:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hey you can surely get a used car for that save that $3K if you get approved by your bank before hand. I got my 15SRT used with warranty and only 10K miles for $36ishK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel dirty for this :p but I found myself at the Dodge dealership and parked "just to look" but ended up getting into the new 18 T/A 392. After the test drive it took HOURS for the adrenaline to go down. Ive dug through other forums and listened to you guys on this one and been shopping Ebay, dealers, craigslist used new lease all the options. After everything I found a T/A 392 new for $43,000. I think im decided on a mango T/A 392. Im going to be Poor happy for a few years but happy non the less ^_^

·
Registered
671 Posts
I feel dirty for this :p but I found myself at the Dodge dealership and parked "just to look" but ended up getting into the new 18 T/A 392. After the test drive it took HOURS for the adrenaline to go down. Ive dug through other forums and listened to you guys on this one and been shopping Ebay, dealers, craigslist used new lease all the options. After everything I found a T/A 392 new for $43,000. I think im decided on a mango T/A 392. Im going to be Poor happy for a few years but happy non the less ^_^
You got a 392 T/A for $43,000! Must be stripped at that price. My 2017 listed for $51,780 bucks. I got it down to $48,xxx something, don't remember the exact price. It's a lease and it was a demo with 4,000 mi. on it! plus I get the FCA discount. You sure you are getting a 392T/A ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts