Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m a complete newbie to the forum. Need some guidance. I ordered a Challenger Scat Pack on 4/13. It went KZ supposedly 6/9 and customer service said it shipped. So did the dealer.

Well I checked in today with my sales rep curious on a delivery estimate and now it is KZLD. It was pretty straight forward that it was “in transit - delayed”. Status shows it’s been KZLD since 6/9.

The curve ball came when my rep at the dealer stated the last point was the Hansen Etobicoke storage yard and sent a screen shot showing ETA TBD.

she then sent the text “we don’t know why it’s been delayed but it’s been shipped to storage for something.”

I texted what does that mean? She sent “waiting for a part? Maybe PCM?”.

I’m really confused now because I thought KZ meant the car was released, invoiced, and good to ship. She is making it sound like Brampton is starting to park cars waiting for parts like Ford has been doing with the F150s.

I texted asking if there was a way they could get more info to see if we are potentially talking several weeks or several months. That’s when she ghosted and stopped replying to my texts.

So, has anyone heard Brampton building and parking incomplete cars or does it sound like my sales rep has no clue how shipping works leaving Brampton?

I’ll be honest there is a shaker scat pack at another dealer, that is off by my order not having the stripe and black interior instead of caramel. So, if this is going to be months of wait I might just ask them to go after this shaker Monday.

i would like to have my build but no ETA and this parts curveball has me frustrated to the point I’m looking at inventory again.

any insight and thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,602 Posts
Welcome from AZ, I saw pictures somewhere of a bunch of Dodges parked somewhere all waiting for parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from AZ, I saw pictures somewhere of a bunch of Dodges parked somewhere all waiting for parts.
Thanks for the welcome.

You confirmed what I was afraid of then. I’m wondering if the dealer knows what truly is going on but doesn’t want me bolting and ask for my deposit back.

im going to have to call Monday and see if I can press them to use any contacts to find out the whole story and potential delay/wait time frame.

thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Probably has to do with the chip shortage which is needed for the infotainment system. Didn’t quite understand your post about the difference between the other car and the one you ordered but you can add/delete stripes quite easily. Swapping out interior is a pricy matter - close to $2k with Katzkins. BUT - the first owner of my car found everything he wanted except a leather interior, bought the car anyway and immediately had Katzkin’s installed. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably has to do with the chip shortage which is needed for the infotainment system. Didn’t quite understand your post about the difference between the other car and the one you ordered but you can add/delete stripes quite easily. Swapping out interior is a pricy matter - close to $2k with Katzkins. BUT - the first owner of my car found everything he wanted except a leather interior, bought the car anyway and immediately had Katzkin’s installed. Good luck!
thanks for the info. Yeah, the other Challenger i see is in Kentucky. I could live with the black interior and cool know I can add stripe pretty easy. I’m giving my dealer a few more weeks to see. They supposedly made some calls and say it’s fully complete just waiting on transport. They could be lying and it is due to chip shortage and they are just to keep my hopes up. Either way still no ETA after 2 weeks since 6/9.

I

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
OP I hear you I think it’s lousy if in fact they’re actually doing that, you would think just being straight up honest with the customer would be best? If they are stalling for missing parts and blaming it on shipping snafus that may retain the pending sale but it won’t retain customer loyalty in the future

·
Registered
(WAITING) 2022 Scat Pack Shaker M6 - Octane Red
40 Posts
thanks for the info. Yeah, the other Challenger i see is in Kentucky. I could live with the black interior and cool know I can add stripe pretty easy. I’m giving my dealer a few more weeks to see. They supposedly made some calls and say it’s fully complete just waiting on transport. They could be lying and it is due to chip shortage and they are just to keep my hopes up. Either way still no ETA after 2 weeks since 6/9.

I
Hi, I came across your post and unfortunately, I have the same issue. My Challenger was built on 4/22/22 and has been in KZLD status ever since. What was your outcome? Did you get your originally ordered car? If so, how long was it in that status? [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts