Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2019 Scat Pack octane red challenger and have done some research about adding dynomax 24250 mini bullets to make the idle deeper and sound better than the stock mid mufflers. Is this really a cheap upgrade most scat pack owners are doing??? I am new to the forum and have tons of questions and looking for tips.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I've heard on these the mid muffler isn't the problem it's the resonators, is that true or not?

Almost forgot, Welcome to the ForumZ, from South Carolina! :)

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Here is something else you may want to look into to make the exhaust sound better.

https://mfer-1.com/
So that is the AES and how exactly does that help the sound and how is it installed?
Thanks
It's my understanding on the 2019s you can simply remove the spring from the valve and it won't throw a code; no need to buy that mfer-1.

I've heard on these the mid muffler isn't the problem it's the resonators, is that true or not?

Almost forgot, Welcome to the ForumZ, from South Carolina! :)
For the A8s, you will want to keep your resonators (located underneath the rear bumper) to combat drone produced by the MDS...they aid in reducing exhaust drone in the 6Ms as well, but the A8s are more prone to it.

Some folks simply remove the mufflers (located under the cabin, just behind front seats), but some jurisdictions will fail the car on inspection if all they see is straight pipe and no mufflers of any kind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You say remove the spring from valve. What valve would that be?
It's my understanding on the 2019s you can simply remove the spring from the valve and it won't throw a code; no need to buy that mfer-1.

For the A8s, you will want to keep your resonators (located underneath the rear bumper) to combat drone produced by the MDS...they aid in reducing exhaust drone in the 6Ms as well, but the A8s are more prone to it.

Some folks simply remove the mufflers (located under the cabin, just behind front seats), but some jurisdictions will fail the car on inspection if all they see is straight pipe and no mufflers of any kind.[/QUOT

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well..... I'm looking at doing this.

I just had the mid mufflers straight-piped (they are ridiculously small). This thing is wicked loud right now..... I find myself short shifting to save the eardrums of those around me. I also had to wait a few minutes for the lady with the baby carriage to pass by when I had a cold start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts