Dodge Challenger Forum banner

need help with stock HID headlamps and adding the illuminated air intake tubes from a 1320 to my scat pack shaker

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SickToo 
#1 ·
As the title says, I have a 2017 scat pack shaker with the HID headlamps ( I think this is driver convenience group option). I decided to buy the illuminated air inlet tubes from a 1320 and want to install them to my ride. I bought this lighted inlet tube off a newer 1320, and installed into my headlamp housing. However, I seem to be missing a plug harness to power the lights on it. I guess I figured they were there somewhere tied off to the side in the headlight area. Does anyone know if I need a pigtail or something to power these lights, or am I going to have to splice this in in order make it functional? obviously id prefer a non splicing method if possible and am hoping I can just buy an add-on power cable to make these work. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks

#6 ·
So I'm torn... I want the lighted inlet tubes to react like they came stock. If I add the power line for the lighted inlet tubes to the 2 pin on the headlight connector, they will turn on/off only when the headlights are on. If I, add to pin 5 they turn on and blink with blinkers (I'm not convinced this is stock activity). Pin 6 would be DRL/parking lights (I think this is would emulate as if they were stock) Or, I can add to pin 14, which is side marker light...

Can anyone provide input on which would emulate how they would have come from the factory?

#7 ·
This may be a stupid question but how do I remove the fake lights that are where those intake rings go???

Pulled my radiator covers and popped the 3 tabs loose but the O.D. of the fake light is larger than I.D. of the headlight.

Car is a ‘16 SPS
Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens

Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grey Camera lens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.