Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first car & its a 2018 Challenger SXT . All in all Ive been enjoying it but i wish it was a little faster. Having a v6 is ok when it comes to insurance rates & gas mileage, but lacking that extra HP is killing me. I have a little money left over from what i saved up for the car & wanted to know what mods/parts do you guys think I should put on that will add a decent amount of HP for a decent price. Open to all Ideas let me know .

·
The Baron
585 Posts
A tuner and custom tune will be a must. I'm in the camp that thinks cold air intakes are a waste of money, but maybe for the 3.6 it has some benefit.

·
The Baron
585 Posts
You have any recomendations on where to get a good tuner/custom tune ?
Hemifever (Google search) does custom email tunes. He sends you a file, you flash it to your PCM using a tuner, and send him some data-logging. He'll tweak things specifically for your car based on what your data shows. A lot of members have good luck with his services. I noticed an immediate increase in power over the tunes that come with the Diablosport.

·
Registered
563 Posts
2015+ models need to have their stock PCM cracked, or you have to buy a 2nd PCM. If you never plan on going back to the dealership for repairs, your 2018 will want a 2nd PCM. If the dealership does a update to the PCM, you will loose your tune. Also a tune may void your warranty if it is discovered. Hence the 2nd PCM. You swap it out before going to the dealer for repair, swap it back when you get home.

I believe the 2018+ models need extra hardware to bypass extra security for the PCM (a crossover cable or something)?

I went with the Hellcat airbox mod over a CAI. WAY cheaper. CAI are really only good for sound. Some have said they actually lowered their 0-60. I mean, if it's good enough for a Hellcat....

Otherwise look around the 3.6 Engine Mod section of forum. Cat-Back exhaust. Tune. Airbox. Catch can. Biggest HP gains are with either a Tune (Diablosport or HP Tuners) or just a straight up Supercharger (which will include a tune).

Depending on how much speed, don't forget you may want to upgrade your brakes to be able to stop!

Welcome and good luck!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just bought my first car & its a 2018 Challenger SXT . All in all Ive been enjoying it but i wish it was a little faster. Having a v6 is ok when it comes to insurance rates & gas mileage, but lacking that extra HP is killing me. I have a little money left over from what i saved up for the car & wanted to know what mods/parts do you guys think I should put on that will add a decent amount of HP for a decent price. Open to all Ideas let me know .
I agree with this guy (DA BEARS)

2015+ models need to have their stock PCM cracked, or you have to buy a 2nd PCM. If you never plan on going back to the dealership for repairs, your 2018 will want a 2nd PCM. If the dealership does a update to the PCM, you will loose your tune. Also a tune may void your warranty if it is discovered. Hence the 2nd PCM. You swap it out before going to the dealer for repair, swap it back when you get home.

I believe the 2018+ models need extra hardware to bypass extra security for the PCM (a crossover cable or something)?

I went with the Hellcat airbox mod over a CAI. WAY cheaper. CAI are really only good for sound. Some have said they actually lowered their 0-60. I mean, if it's good enough for a Hellcat....

Otherwise look around the 3.6 Engine Mod section of forum. Cat-Back exhaust. Tune. Airbox. Catch can. Biggest HP gains are with either a Tune (Diablosport or HP Tuners) or just a straight up Supercharger (which will include a tune).

Depending on how much speed, don't forget you may want to upgrade your brakes to be able to stop!

Welcome and good luck!
I would add-buy a used pcm from a junk yard. I found one at a local yard from a 2015 charger for 75. They are out there, just look around. Then get diablosport to flash it and they charge 200. Then get a tuner from anywhere really. I'm sure you can find a used one or diablosport has a combo deal when you flash you pcm. Install the flashed pcm. Get a tune from hemifever for 175(stage1-stock car) and use the tuner to upload it and boom you have a much better performing ride. For about $650-$800 you can really enjoy your new ride without breaking the bank. Plus just reinstall your stock pcm to bring your car to the dealer if need be...

·
Registered
563 Posts
PCMs are also on ebay starting around 80

Reactions: Adman98

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hemifever (Google search) does custom email tunes. He sends you a file, you flash it to your PCM using a tuner, and send him some data-logging. He'll tweak things specifically for your car based on what your data shows. A lot of members have good luck with his services. I noticed an immediate increase in power over the tunes that come with the Diablosport.
Yep... Diablosport and Hemifever's custom tune is the way to go...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts