Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Hawk Pro ceramic pads to replace in my brakes, and now I am looking into new rotors as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking the R1 Concepts slotted rotors, but I would love to hear from other owners on their opinions?

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
I just bought the R1 Concepts Slotted and Cross-Drilled Premium Rotors on a Black Friday deal. I haven't gotten around to installing them yet due to no garage and nasty weather, but the looks and feel of the materials and the casting and machining are top notch!

Also, the sales people are great and know their stuff. While you are at it, you may want to consider getting the Stoptech braided lines for a more positive brake feel.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've added R1 Concepts premium drilled/slotted rotors on 3 different vehicles: 2003 Dakota quadcab, 2004 PT Cruiser, and 2008 Dakota quadcab. And I kept all of these vehicles for at least 20,000 miles after the installs. Absolutely TOP NOTCH QUALITY on all of them! When I need rotors for my Ram or Charger I won't hesitate to order from R1.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T 5.7L, 6-Speed Manual
361 Posts
I installed the dba slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads last March. Performance has been great. Take a look at the design of the dba's. They are different from any other rotor I have seen with their "kangaroo paw" design feature. According to dba, these have more contact surface attaching the two rotor sides than traditional vanes you see on other rotors, yet allow more air circulation. I put a bit of a warp in my stock rotors on a 3-lap run at Watkins Glen in 2012, resulting in some shake when hauling down from speeds North of 80 mph. No such issues with the dba's.
Worth a look if you want an alternative.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn it! I ordered the R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted, and have the Hawk Pads ready. But when I called into my dealership to have them put it on, they said they won't! That I didn't get them from a Chrysler certified retailer or something so they can't! WTF!

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
I know where the dealer is comming from - that's their SOP!
Swapping out rotors and pads isn't a difficult task. I understand some folks just don't want to mess with it or don't have the facility to operate on their own wheels.
You could do this in your driveway with a basic set of hand tools & jackstands.
Otherwise, maybe a buddy or co-worker could give you a hand if you supply the beer?
I guess you could go to a MIDAS or CARX, but I wouldn't trust them with a car I going to use in a DEMO Derby...........

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,406 Posts
Damn it! I ordered the R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted, and have the Hawk Pads ready. But when I called into my dealership to have them put it on, they said they won't! That I didn't get them from a Chrysler certified retailer or something so they can't! WTF!
That sucks. The dealership I use lists on the work order, 'Installed customer supplied parts'. Labor charges only.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,872 Posts
I bought the Hawk Pro ceramic pads to replace in my brakes, and now I am looking into new rotors as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking the R1 Concepts slotted rotors, but I would love to hear from other owners on their opinions?
That is just what I put on my car a few months ago. I have pit powerstop on several car. Idont dislike them and have never had a problem with them. I the R1 rotors are a little nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.