Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these "red" hood scoop bezels. They are obviously more orange than red, I can paint them in a torred red. I'm planning to have the seats redone in leather with red accents, I want to bring some color into the car. I'm not sure if i want to keep the bezels black and put red accent elsewhere on the outside. I don't want stripes. Does anyone have pics of red accents on your own car. Or should I leave the outside alone? Opinions please, thank you.
front scoops.JPG

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
710 Posts
You asked for opinions ..... I'm not a fan. Hey ... it's YOUR car. If you like it, don't let anyone dissuade you.

Perhaps ... if it's the first step of adding more red that will tie it all together. If the car is going to have Superman or The Flash or Captain America or some other red-themed super hero on the side, then the red on the hood and the headlight intake trim rings would make sense. It wouldn't be "my thing," but I consistently see themed cars picking up trophies at shows.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I’ll be the contrarian here - I kind of like it. Agreed - the car does need some color or something to break up the single color scheme. Mine have always had strips or decals so, obviously, I’m not a big fan of the single color with no accoutrements. But - others are and plenty of those out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, its all good. I'm leaning towards putting the black bezels in. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but they were cheap and I've wasted more money on less. I still need some color in the interior, not trying for a super hero theme just some color to break up all the black. I might try red lettering on the tires or something understated. I was hoping someone posted some pics with their dark cars with red accents. My 2 trucks are red, I didn't want another red car. I think red goes well with a black interior. Thanks again for the input guys. These are the 2 seat designs I've put together that I'm leaning towards.
seat design 1.JPG
seat design 2.JPG

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks for the replies, its all good. I'm leaning towards putting the black bezels in. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but they were cheap and I've wasted more money on less. I still need some color in the interior, not trying for a super hero theme just some color to break up all the black. I might try red lettering on the tires or something understated. I was hoping someone posted some pics with their dark cars with red accents. My 2 trucks are red, I didn't want another red car. I think red goes well with a black interior. Thanks again for the input guys. These are the 2 seat designs I've put together that I'm leaning towards.
View attachment 275118 View attachment 275119
I like #1. #1 looks muscular. #2 looks sporty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is another one I designed and I thought it was just to much red, especially since the rear seats are done to match. I'm also torn about doing the door inserts in red. If I did I think less red in the seats, so I'd probably go with number 2. I'm sure I'd be happy with either 1 or 2.
choice 3.JPG

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,365 Posts
I like # 1 , that is close to the pattern that I put in my 2010 R/T.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like # 1 , that is close to the pattern that I put in my 2010 R/T. View attachment 275121
Did you have the option for the red door inserts, and not go with them? My seats are slightly different, I did a design that looked like that. I think the red really looks good with the black interior, and ties in with the red body nicely. The other red accents are in my opinion well done also, beautiful interior.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,365 Posts
Did you have the option for the red door inserts, and not go with them? My seats are slightly different, I did a design that looked like that. I think the red really looks good with the black interior, and ties in with the red body nicely. The other red accents are in my opinion well done also, beautiful interior.
Yes but decided against them, too much orange. Did the trim instead

Reactions: 68Coronet
1 - 20 of 35 Posts