Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
If you are part of the "Hey look at me crowd" go ahead. I'm not a fan of unnecessary attention to low-lifes that will come by to dig a key or knife along the side. And they WILL if your car stands out too much.
-John

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's your Challenger, but I'm not a fan of the red in the vents. It stands out a little too much for me and is just too bright. I like contrast and think that it looks good, but that's a bit too much contrast for my taste. Like I said though, it's your Challenger and my opinion is just that..........My opinion.

If you wanted something that's different, then you could always install some RGB/W led lighting underneath the vents. You can change the colors to whatever you want and at night, it would pop.

We have a Granite SRT 392 and I painted the hood scoop bezel the same color as the car and I think that it just looks finished and better than the black/grey color of the standard piece.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's factory Granite paint with a red RT stripe. The interior was created by me checking off 'red alcantara' when I ordered the car. Mrs. Mailman actually thinks she picked out the colors :) and , I'm sorry, this car looks awesome and turns heads. The stripe, the interior, and the BMG caliper covers match perfectly!

·
Trigger657
2,841 Posts
Thanks for the replies, its all good. I'm leaning towards putting the black bezels in. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but they were cheap and I've wasted more money on less. I still need some color in the interior, not trying for a super hero theme just some color to break up all the black. I might try red lettering on the tires or something understated. I was hoping someone posted some pics with their dark cars with red accents. My 2 trucks are red, I didn't want another red car. I think red goes well with a black interior. Thanks again for the input guys. These are the 2 seat designs I've put together that I'm leaning towards.
View attachment 275118 View attachment 275119
Like the one on the right.... ;)

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,440 Posts
I saw a Challenger recently... with a different set up as far as the three grills on the hood..... only the recessed areas were not black... the face of them and the surrounds were black the the inner structure was white...with... it would be a PITA to do... but would be rarely seen elsewhere....
Kinda like this.... or at least in this direction....

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's your Challenger, but I'm not a fan of the red in the vents. It stands out a little too much for me and is just too bright. I like contrast and think that it looks good, but that's a bit too much contrast for my taste. Like I said though, it's your Challenger and my opinion is just that..........My opinion.

If you wanted something that's different, then you could always install some RGB/W led lighting underneath the vents. You can change the colors to whatever you want and at night, it would pop.

We have a Granite SRT 392 and I painted the hood scoop bezel the same color as the car and I think that it just looks finished and better than the black/grey color of the standard piece.
That is an option I have considered. Did you use a dulpicolor can or have it professionally done?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
788 Posts
Wow a fantastic job on the lettering.
He pinstriped my wife's G/T and did 3 butterfly outlines on her hood for her. When I drive her car, they are Killer Moths not Butterflies. ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The scoop insert actually looks cool. It's the two vents that throw it off. Maybe try leaving the center and switch the heat vents back to black? What I would try doing, is painting the surface of the vents black and leave the interior (vent holes) red. That would help break it up a bit. I assume the vents are there to aid in releasing heat from the engine bay?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for all the replies. I changed the vent inserts back to the black ones this morning before I gave her a bath. Interesting how we all make these cars our own. The biggest problem I have is letting someone else work on the car [I don't trust anyone], South Florida has so many hacks doing customizing. You never know what you'll get back, even if they've done good work before.
When I spoke to Katzkin and asked if there was a discount if I took the seats and panels out myself, they said no. I'm so worried, cause of how many ways they could damage the car. I'm sure many of you would have the same concerns. Some damage can't be made right in my opinion, plus who wants our babies damaged in the first place.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts