Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy close to me selling AMR glossy hellcat reps in 20x9 for front and 20x10 back for $900. What are the pros /cons of running staggered. Don't know if staggered is right for me. Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Pro is you can get more rubber to the road on your power drive wheels, primarily for drag strip traction setup (0-60) as opposed to track cornering. Think of what a rail car setup looks like, but less exaggerated.
Cons you can only flip L to R (not front to back) on tire rotations. Not as good even wear.

Random thought: Why dont front wheel racers have staggered tires with larger tires in front? Like a Bulldog?

Reactions: Scott MacDonald

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would take some time, do some research to find a set you'd really like. Then look for a used set of nicer wheels. A lot of times, you can find some really nice wheels used when people get new ones for a good price. I did this with my VMR 801s. I wouldn't call them really nice, but they are pretty good wheels, and I got them in great condition 9Apps used, and I get a lot of comments on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered Replica Alloys 50th Anniversary wheels. 9x20 up front and 10.5x20 in the rear mated up to Michelin Pilot Sports 275/40/20 front and 315/35/20 rear. ordered in person at Discount Tire and all their calculators checked okay for fitment. My only concern is clearing the Brembos up front.

Given the power and torque of the 6.4L, accompanied by the weight and higher CoG of these cars, they really need more tire on the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts