Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm glad to be a new member here! Kinda walked blindly into the Dodge/Chrysler dealership on a lark in April - didn't know there was such a thing as a limited edition Shaker R/T. I was around back in the day when the originals were prowling around, and hoped I might own a Shaker car one day. Pitch Black loaded Shaker sitting there in front of me - what was I to do? BAM! - it's mine. Couldn't be happier!

The wife and I just got back from the Mopar Nats in Columbus this weekend. She had initially not been fond of the "wart" or "pimple" on the hood. I had explained to her the pedigree and legend that the Shaker hood cars had, but she got to experience it first hand at the Nats. Now she really likes it.

Had a great time there - was chuckling over the looks some of the spectators had when going over the car. I have modified it by removing just the roof portion of the Shaker stripes (never was a fan of roof stripes - personal preference), and have removed the "HEMI" fender badges and replaced them with "R/T" badges from the Challenger R/T Classic. Now, these badges with the R/T in red/orange are the only things of color on the black exterior, and your eye is pulled right to them. Subtle, and to me a great look. One guy would say "that doesn't appear to be a factory Shaker car", then would look in the passenger window and see the limited edition number badge.

Anyway, longwinded sometimes, so I'll finish by saying it's great to be a new member here, and I look forward to the conversation.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland. Enjoy the site.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got yourself a really nice car :smileup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing: Hello and Welcome to the "Z Family" from Wyandotte Michigan !!! :Racing:

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Welcome to the Z.....but

:worthless:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol - I knew that was coming...

I'm still learning the site, but will try to get some pics posted soon!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Congrats on the new Shaker!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts