Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Is it me or does the front look a little skinnier than before? Like they scrunched it a little bit.
It does look skinnier....but I'm having a hard time looking past that awesome hood!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
It does look skinnier....but I'm having a hard time looking past that awesome hood!
Got to agree with you there saw those shots and thought that would be perfect in flat black for my car. :SHOCKED: Pretty sure Speedlogix is going to offer one from what I've been reading. :beerchug:

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
12,543 Posts
Cuda AAR hood on a Dodge? I guess they started it with the first SRT8 Chargers so what the heck. They need to put the 71,72 Ramcharger hood (functional) on the Charger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah that front end looks slimmer, might be the hood giving it that look :4-dontknow:
That, and the lower air dam is much bigger and the front spoiler is much shorter, so all together it gives it a lower and slimmer appearance from the front. I think it's the same body though. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I figure they wanted something to differentiate the SRT from the R/T so they were running out of hood scoop options. I think it looks good but right now I still prefer the Shaker. I'm looking forward to seeing both in person though before making final judgment.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
this type of hood has been available for years
I'd have to see the stinger AAR hood in person to decide on it. In some of the pictures I've seen the front middle of that hood looks like it sits higher than the bumper which was one of the reasons I was thinking about other hood options. So if there's another hood of a similar style on the market I'll be interested to see how it looks as well. More options isn't a bad thing :)

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd have to see the stinger AAR hood in person to decide on it. In some of the pictures I've seen the front middle of that hood looks like it sits higher than the bumper which was one of the reasons I was thinking about other hood options. So if there's another hood of a similar style on the market I'll be interested to see how it looks as well. More options isn't a bad thing :)

Take it easy
Jay

true, my guess is that the SRT hood will be aluminum or carbon fiber instead of heavier fiberglass like the ones available as aftermarket

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still looks more like a Viper hood than anything else to me. NOT a bad thing by the way.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
That is an awesome look. I have to keep telling myself that my car is paid off in a matter of months so I don't need to be tempted so much, but that doesn't work.

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
That is an awesome look.
I agree 100%. A very aggressive stance, and the ratio of the intake scoop to the hood is very well done IMHO. Just wish I had the $$$ to get one...:shakehead:

·
Registered
291 Posts

Different strokes time, I guess. The skinniness coupled with that hood scoop turn me off on this model. I hadn't noticed that on other pictures of the 2015s I'd seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts