Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We now have developed a new heavy use all aluminum mag jack pad for the Challenger!
also if anyone has had a issue with the standard jack pad let us know and we can replace it with the heavy use jack pad.
we still sell the standard jack pad for the Challenger and other late model cars. we also make custom jack pads!

You can see all info at www.zl1addons.com or email [email protected]

1 for $22
2 for $38
4 for $50 free shipping
you can order on the website, or just email what car you have, car and how many you want plus your name/address to [email protected]
we will send the items to you and AFTER you get the items you can send check or pay by paypal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm not complaining but just issuing a warning on the teflon? jack pads. I was jacking up my SRT front wheel and the side loads from the tire scraping on the garage floor (Camber??) put a strain on the pad and it broke. Luckly I had put a jack stand under the frame and the car only fell a couple inches. I did take a chip out of the rocker panel during the fall but I didn't get hurt. Just a warning. Be careful jacking up the car with teflon jack pads.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not complaining but just issuing a warning on the teflon? jack pads. I was jacking up my SRT front wheel and the side loads from the tire scraping on the garage floor (Camber??) put a strain on the pad and it broke. Luckly I had put a jack stand under the frame and the car only fell a couple inches. I did take a chip out of the rocker panel during the fall but I didn't get hurt. Just a warning. Be careful jacking up the car with Teflon jack pads.
The car can only fall 5/8 of a inch, because that is all that is between the jack top and the bottom of the pinch weld. So no safety issue there.

We can send you the heavy use pads no charge if you like and replace the broken one. they can break a leg off by jacking the car up at a real high angle or with wider than usual pinch welds. Also above issue could also break one, Bob is correct that a high side load could break a leg but it can only go down 5/8 inch max. we will replace any for life.
The new Heavy Use pad can take a high side load no problem.

Owners should be sure the jack pad has plenty of slop to be able to twist as the car is jacked up. if you do not have allot of play call us and we will send you some that will fit your pinch weld. There is no side load on the teflon jack pads, only down force on the bottom of them and the pinch weld will never cut them only brake a leg off if the pinch weld is to fat.
We sent many free jack pads to owners on the site before they went into production, let me know if any mod is need and we will take care of it.

By the way YES you can complain, Customer Service is our goal and want to make you happy with our product.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think my problem with the teflon? jack pad was solved. After discussing the problem with Skylane765 I discovered I had the jack set at an incorrect angle in relation with the car when I was jacking it up. I should have had the jack at a 90 Deg. angle to the side of the car letting the jack wheels move in as the car is going up. My mistake. (limited garage room) Skylane765 is a standup guy and is sending me a set of aluminum pads to try.
Thanks Burly

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
I have a set of your regular jack pads and no problem so far, however in reviewing the pictures above I wonder if the all aluminum pad might be better for my application. I want one primarily to use at the drag strip for changing to drag radials, so I'll be just jacking up one side to pull a wheel at a time, possible getting that steep angle. So would you recommend the aluminum pad for this use or just stick with the regular ones ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have our standard jack pad, we can send you one Heavy Use jack pad for $15 free shipping if you like
If it ever breaks we will send new one free for the one you have. We do not have many problems with the Challenger only the ZL1 with a long inside leg.

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
If you have our standard jack pad, we can send you one Heavy Use jack pad for $15 free shipping if you like
If it ever breaks we will send new one free for the one you have. We do not have many problems with the Challenger only the ZL1 with a long inside leg.
That sounds great, I'll do that. :smileup: PM sent.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just ordered a set on your website. Thank You.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.