Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I became a member of this forum back in 2009. At the time, I was active Duty Air Force and deployed to Qatar. I was taking advantage of overseas military car sales to have a Challenger built and delivered to me when I returned from deployment. I was getting a B5 Blue R/T Classic. It was my dream car. Then the bankruptcy happened. They stopped production. To make a long story short, there were too many delays and I had to give up on it and I got a 2010 Camaro instead. I liked that Camaro but I always had my heart set on the Challenger. Now, 5 years later, I have finally gotten one! And I couldn't be happier.

2014 R/T Classic - Phantom Black - Nav - Sunroof - Harmon/Karden 18 speaker system are among the highlights.

Attachments

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,476 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

You got it! Just took you a while!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I appreciate the warm welcome! I look forward to being an active member from here on out. :smileup:

It did take awhile, but it was worth it... as I am sure you'd agree.

Its quite a story to tell in the intervening years leading up to the moment I got my Challenger. I actually weighed the option of waiting for the factory to begin the 2015 production because I like the cosmetic changes. But my dealer made an offer I couldn't refuse. Ha! I couldn't afford an SRT or Hellcat. If I was in that price group, I might have been more inclined to wait but I expect that the prices of all Challengers will go up next year. I was factoring in that possibility as well As it turned out, my dealership was able to get me exactly what I wanted in a 2014 with the options, color and price so I pulled the trigger on it. Like it was meant to be. :)

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Hello & welcome from WI! Glad you finally landed in the driver's seat of a Challenger.
I'd love to hear an honest review from you of the pros & cons for each car (Challenger vs Camaro) after you get some seat time in your new car.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Welcome back and congratulations on finally getting your Challenger.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,586 Posts
Welcome back, from AZ.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
That is a GREAT looking R/T!

Welcome (back) to the Z!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome again from Maryland. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride! Most of us here would agree that a Camaro is no substitute for a Challenger.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing: Hello and Welcome back to the "Z Family" from Wyandotte Michigan !!! :Racing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts