Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new to the site, and new too the world of muscle cars. I've been driving a old beat up Nissan for a while now, and I've finally decided to purchase the car I've always wanted. I've done a lot of research, but I would love some advice from seasoned ventrans.

My orignal budget was around $22,000 out the door. I have the cash set aside already. I was originally going to purchase a used 2013 or 2014 SXT plus model, but they are hard to come by in my area. I live in the San Francisco Bay area. However, I wouldn't be opposed to spend another 3-4k more to get a new 2015 or 2016 model.

Am I being unrealistic in my price range? This is my first time buying a car, as most of my friends and family tend to buy cheap older cars, finding good advice is kind of hard.

In all honesty, I would probably be OK with the standard SXT model, but I really want leather seating. Is it even possible to get a new SXT plus for $25,000 out the door?

Sorry, I'm a completely new to this, so any help or constructive criticism is appreciated!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,097 Posts
Welcome from AZ, if you look at 2015s you may be able to get that kind of price as the 2017s are not too far away from arriving.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

25k OTD is going to be hard for a brand new SXT Plus.

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,747 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,568 Posts
Greetings from the Conch Republic! Your best bet would be to expand your search area and look for 2015 left overs, or look for something slightly used. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Welcome from MA.

a 2016 SXT for 25k OTD is going to be near impossible I would think
a 2015 for 25k OTD may be possible but still will be hard to accomplish

you'd be better off looking for a 2014 SXT I think you'd have a better chance of finding the car you want with all the options you're looking for in that price range.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from PA!!! $25K out the door will be tough on a new SXT. With MSRP's at $27,990, there are a few in your area advertised for $25K, but I doubt you could get the price any lower. Memeorial Day weekend would be a great time to buy new however, so if you thinking of it, now's the time.

Here's a link to a new SXT in your area:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/657973177/overview/

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hi from Texas

·
Registered
22,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Welcome! You will not be disappointed with a Challenger. If your Nissan was a "point A-B" car, a Challenger will be a FUN car! Most of us actually look forward to driving them, even if only to work! You will never view cars as just transportation again.
Have you tried looking on eBay? I have purchased 4 cars through that service and everyone of them was, not only a good deal, but exactly the car I wanted with options and condition clearly stated. In fact, the Challenger I now own (in the picture) came from California but I live in the Midwest. I flew out there, made sure it was as stated, and had a great time driving it back! Or, you can have them shipped for somewhere around $1k or less. Good luck!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the Z from Wyandotte Michigan !!! We are glad to have you in our family !

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Welcome from NoCo. You will be glad you joined.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... You may want to consider a good used one owner trade in or see if you can find a unsold 2015... I drove 5 1/2 hours to get the car I wanted. If you go to an FCA dealer they can sell you a warranty that is as good as a new car warranty. Good Luck on your quest and keep us in the loop...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you guys for all your help so far! I'm going to be going to a few dealerships tomorrow and looking at a few new and used ones. Hopefully I can get a good deal and I'll let you guys know what ends up happening from there.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,613 Posts
Welcome to the ChallengerForumz, and greetings from America's Finest City! You've joined an awesome community of friendly Mopar enthusiasts and the most informative Challenger forum on the web.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts