Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In one article I read, they are attributing the faster top speed to the aerodynamics of the Charger vs. Challenger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SRT engineering said the extra 100lbs of weight helps put more power to the ground resulting in slightly faster times.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Yeah, faster 0-60 and quarter mile too. Who cares? I think it's cool. They could have limited it but they didn't, they just let physics rule.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
4 doors FTW!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I read the Challenger beats it in 0-60 by .2. 3.5 to 3.7.
Why make both will be a question the brass will soon be asking.
Because if I had a family and needed the second set of doors, the Charger would be my choice. No other car maker offers anything like the Hellcat Charger to the public. It would be an absolute BEAST if they did a 4WD version of it. :SHOCKED:
I'm just waiting to see if the Hellcat ends up in the 300 or JGC.

It really doesn't matter to me what the top speeds are. I've had my '09 for almost six years now and have never even approached 176 mph. I'm sure I'll never see 199 mph in a Hellcat Challenger either. But as they say, "Getting there (quickly) is half the fun". :smileup:

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
I read the Challenger beats it in 0-60 by .2. 3.5 to 3.7.
Why make both will be a question the brass will soon be asking.
Same reason they make a 300 Charger Challenger and jeep SRT now...different buyers want different things

·
Registered
389 Posts
I watched the full launch video for the press and they attribute it mostly to the aerodynamics. The longer car reduces drag, i think they said by 14% (dont quote me)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts