Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Englanders - When do you take your car out of winter storage?

580 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  steveb 
#1 ·
Mainly a question towards New Englanders, but anyone else with bad winters, places where DPW's throw salt on the roads, dirty Spring-time roads, etc

When do you take your car out of storage?

Mind you that I wash my challenger weekly! I'm a bit OCD w/ my challenger

#3 ·
I don't live in an area with all of those conditions you just described, but if I did, I wouldn't take my Challenger out on the road until I was confident that enough mustangs and camaros had tracked up all of that road salt!

#5 ·
I live in PA, in a little country town that throws salt down like crazy at the mere mention of snow. Needless to say it takes several Spring downpours to clear the roads of all the residue. Last year I didn't take my baby out 'til mid April.

#6 ·
I'm not a New Englander but until the road salt and grit is gone and those bomb craters they call pot holes here have been patched there is simply no way my Challenger sees the road. Generally late May is when it comes out to play. Maybe mid to late April if things are looking good. Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

#7 ·
Mine goes all winter. I have a pressure washer to blast the crud under the car and will be washing it today even if it rains. To your question if I put it away for the winter then late March early April would be the time. That is when I swap off the Blizzaks for the Firehawks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.