Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since my anti theft light came on car won’t start. Everything comes on but car won’t start. Bought new battery for key still nothing even had locksmith come out for new key and didn’t work. Car is now at shop been there for 4 days with no answers just diagnostic test for electrical problems. Anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Every since my anti theft light came on car won’t start. Everything comes on but car won’t start. Bought new battery for key still nothing even had locksmith come out for new key and didn’t work. Car is now at shop been there for 4 days with no answers just diagnostic test for electrical problems. Anyone ever had this problem?
2009 Dodge Challenger Se

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
is the anti-theft the manufacturers unit or did you buy and aftermarket one.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
560 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood from Jacksonville, FL.

Anti-theft systems can be tricky. Especially after-market systems in pre-owned cars. Back-in-the-day ... I had an after-market system (made by Viper?? maybe) in my pre-owned 1990 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. It was designed to interpret a disconnected (or therefore a dead) battery as an attempt to circumvent the anti-theft system. Its final act was to completely disable the ignition system until the system was properly reset. I didn't have the codes so my car ended up on a flatbed to a audio/alarm store that sold and serviced that system where I met them with a new battery.

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,801 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I would check to see if it is dealer installed, like was posted above, the unit might be aftermarket. the one I had back in the dark ages, 90"s, had its one battery supply and when that crapped out, it wouldn't let the car start. had to tear apart the dash board and see how it was wired in by the dealer. hope it isn't, and if it is, hope they have gotten better. please keep us informed in case one of us also has that issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts