Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new gauges today, fairly simple project. Put the car in run position to get a baseline needle location. Then, you need to take off the kick panel and cluster cover which are held in place by some pop outs. Next there are 4 screws that hold the gauge cluster in place that need to be removed. Then remove the cluster and disconnect the three electrical connectors.

Place the cluster on a bench and remove the 6 screws that hold the two pieces of the cluster together. Then remove the clear plastic piece and pull the needles gently off.

Next take the existing gauge face off (just pops off) and place the new gauge face on. Then put the needles back on in the position marked.

Go back and plug the cluster back in and check the needle location. If done correctly put the car back together in the reverse order. I like the old school look and is an affordable mod. Greatly enhanced the interior IMO!

Pictures:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL]

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Looks great! I've been debating on whether or not to do this.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Looks good! ...a little Old School! I like it!:smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,748 Posts
Thanks for the write up, looks great.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOVE this mod !!! where did you purchase the new gauge cluster?
Blackcat Customs they have several different choices. Took a month to get mine made because of their back log but definitely worth it!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Looks great...have been thinking about this for a while but am unsure whether or not I have the skill level needed to do the swap.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
that's neat... if i did this i'd try to duplicate the old school, original look too... the possibilities are endless with this!

:rep:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great...have been thinking about this for a while but am unsure whether or not I have the skill level needed to do the swap.
that's neat... if i did this i'd try to duplicate the old school, original look too... the possibilities are endless with this!

:rep:
It is really a novice install the most delicate part is dis assembly and not to break the pop out that hold the plastic in place.

Thanks for the reps! I like the look as well!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great write up and mod. . . Reps man
oh yeah, How do the needles look against the black when lit up?? Been wondering that since lighted needles are not available for the '13s and '14s

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tim, here is a night picture the needles are kind of hard to see but there is enough backlight to see the needles as the picture is a little darker than actual, if I don't like it I will add the white LED needles:

Thanks for reps as well!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks wyo!, That is pretty concerning as I do enough night driving. I wonder if there is a way to get lighted needles for the '14s. . .
The Bronco looks pretty cool lit up though!

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
That looks great. I wish I would have thought of that when having mine done a couple of years ago.

Great job and idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts