Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Dave and I'm a Mopar addict (your response - "Hi Dave") LOL

I hail from New England and I've owned over 30 or so A and B-Body Chrysler products since the early 80's (I'm 54). I have a dealer's license ONLY to sell my own cars as well as some friend's cars - I have a showroom that's never open and I don't do it for a living. I have a real job during the day, if I was to do it for a living that would make it a job and not my passion.

I have a 66 Plymouth Satellite that I recently purchased from the original owner in FL as well as a 67 GTX 4spd Dana car - I love the 66-67 B's.

I'm very interested in these newer Challengers as the older cars are not as much fun to drive HARD like they used to be. Things break, parts are hard to find, and frankly they aren't as safe as the newer cars and my reflexes aren't what they used to be...(sigh) I do enjoy "wrenching" on them though.

For the time being, I'm going to grab a cigar and a beer(s), sit back and take some notes from you guys that own these cars. I hope to make a purchase within a year, thanks Dave (Wakefield, MA)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JK - I'm digg'n that white gut PCP R/T - that looks SaWEET!

Dave

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yep you should get one of these new Challengers, they make great power, have great brakes and handle. I started out with the original E body Barracuda's and Challengers and have owned a fair number of other Mopars as well. But like you said they constantly have maintenance issues, with my new Challenger I can drive in comfort to the track, throw on a set of drag radials, run 12 second quarter mile times and drive home in comfort.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone - now get back to work!

LMAO

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome to the Z forum from Central Ohio!

Lots of great folks here and glad to have you on board.

Beware of the Mod shark...he will gnaw at you before he sinks his teeth in deep ! :shrk:

Your six is clear...kick it up a notch or two :4-looney:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Ma. and good luck with the hunt for your challenger.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
hi Dave...and welcome to the Z...lots of great info here to help you make your decision to buy that new Challenger! Good luck!

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Hello from Northern Virginia. When you buy your new Challenger, you'll have made a great decision. I hope it is sooner rather than later...

I have distant family all around Holliston and Milford... my ancestors arrived in the Boston area around 1630... Hopefully you're a Red Sox fan!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts