Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I just bought a 2014 Challenger with just 8K on it and we both would like to upgrade the sound. She drives around 50 miles to work round trip and the V8 was not an option? I came over from Mustangs and had both a 06 and 07 GT. Most of the exhaust work I did was simple bolt on. Is this the same??

Thanks

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,968 Posts
First - welcome to the Z! Please feel free to introduce yourself in our newbie section.

All of the catback exhausts I've seen are pretty much bolt, hangar, clamp deals....cutting and welding come into play if you're doing a resonator delete or replacing a muffler/resonator with straight pipe.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,670 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Banned
473 Posts
What brands for a throaty sound. Not a fart can.
You'll find a lot of good threads in this subforum. Some of the leading solutions include Solo and custom setups with a shared 2-in-2-out muffler chamber. The biggest takeaway seems to be not to dump your resonators without something to take their place. Because of our already free-flowing factory exhaust, the V6 is subject to drone without the resonators or a j-pipe. It needs something to cancel the resonance frequencies.

Since you said you are new, just in case, our resonators are in the rear, right before the tips, not the middle.

After you browse this subforum, check out some of the recordings on Youtube to hear what you might like.

and...Welcome to the best Challenger forum on the web!

Reactions: KeysB5Blue
1 - 5 of 5 Posts