Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally made my mind and went with the AAR cuda style from Stinger fiberglass.The choice was not easy to make since they are a few very goo looking ones available.I was surprised how fast the process took from order to delivery,less than 21 days. The quality was excellent from the start,no major defect or pin holes in the fiberglass.The fit is also very good, easy to install without any major modification. I decided to go for a black satin/Plastidip look but i did it with a urethane base primer mixed with urethane clear-coat to achieve a semi gloss look that is more durable than Plastidip only. I also put some stickers (Hemi performance) that i bought on Ebay for a few bucks. I also bought a set of windshield washer sprayer (11$) and relocated them underneath the hood so no one can see them.I had to re-route the fluid line under the black plastic part that cover the wiper area. I thought it would be a cool thing to do. It took me like 4-5 hours to paint the hood and mount it on the Chally. I also removed the Carbon fiber stripes that were on the fascia because they were not needed anymore. I am very happy with the look and what i achieved by myself. Here is a few pics of the final look. http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o607/FastMiker1/IMG_20140327_170127_zpsfcd36fda.jpg http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o607/FastMiker1/IMG_20140324_130247_zps1f3bb328.jpg http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o607/FastMiker1/IMG_20140329_153751_zps301aaa46.jpg

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Stinger-ish hood...awesome! Had no idea they were available. Looks good. I'm not a big fan of the black hood look, but I bet we start seeing more people use this style hood and have it painted to match the body.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
Yeah, that's the first time I have seen that hood. It is a whole different look (great) that will only make an already unique car stand out that much more!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks great. Black and yellow is an awesome combination! What am I seeing in the lower right corner (driver's side). Probably just dust, but looks like a blemish.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, might be dust or just the reflection of the light, paint is near perfect , and what you see under the gelcoat is a little scorpion, this is the logo of Stinger fiberglass,i didn't removed it. I thought it was a cool little thing . For your information, the hood is not so pricey, paid only 620$ plus shipping, not bad compared to others.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
For your information, the hood is not so pricey, paid only 620$ plus shipping, not bad compared to others.
you're 100% right....that's not expensive at all considering the cost of other hood packages. :smileup:

I see you got it with the entry opened up...would be great if that could be made to be functional and direct air into the intake.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
The AAR hood is one of the best looking IMO! That looks killer on your SRT!:smileup:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm working on making a functional direct air from fiberglass . I made most of the mold from cardboard, it is a bit harder than expected but nothing is impossible. I worked in a body-shop for 14 years, i still know how to work with that stuff. I'll be posting some pics soon. I only hope i will be able to make it look right ,and work well. I see a few hours of fun coming my way,but it is worth every minute of it.If it doesn't work with fiberglass, i might be able to make it with thin aluminium sheet ,who knows.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Looks great!! Looking forward to seeing the end result of the functional scoop.:smileup:

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I am curious why not go with a carbon fiber hood ?
FastMike would have to tell you but part of it is probably that as far as I know there isn't a carbon fiber AAR hood for the Challenger. The stinger hood definitely is a cool reproduction with the nice perk that there aren't likely to be many others like it at shows.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.