Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just joined the forum a couple of days ago, before taking delivery of my 2014 Challenger RT/Plus - 100th Anniversary Edition (yesterday in fact). Sounds a little unbelievable, but I actually received 5 compliments within the first 2 hours of owning the car. Talk about positive reinforcement that you made the right decision :D

Truthfully, I haven't really stopped smiling since leaving the dealership.

Initially I was going to purchase the Camaro 2 SS and even did a couple of test drives. I was ready to pull the trigger - until I drove the Challenger (kind of by accident).
It was love at first drive - what an incredible car! Lots of brute force but still refined enough to be a DD.

I've been trolling the forum since joining, looking for mods to do (I'm actually planning on starting yet another thread about CAIs - just kidding) and have been window shopping on vendor sites like a man possessed.

Figure I'll start small and go for some appearance mods first - tint, lower the car a bit w/ new H&R springs to reduce the wheel gap and then push the shoes out a little with spacers. Also plan on getting the Billet Catch Can.

Before going any further though, I'm planning on dyno'ing the car to baseline it, then go for the HP mods. I'm extremely fortunate enough to work for a Euro Tuner and have access to a Dyno. Another plus is that we make exhausts and I've already roped in my lead fabricator to bang out a custom exhaust/tips for me too (don't hate).

Really impressed so far with the friendliness of the forum posters and the mods. Haven't seen any snooty-ness or attitudes, which is really refreshing.

I'm excited to be a member and am looking forward to becoming a contributor.

Hoping to start a mod thread and do my part to share in the Mopar love as well as some knowledge along the way.

Mike

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
12,990 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Welcome to the Z, glad to have you here! :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,762 Posts
Welcome from AZ.Great Intro by the way.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Welcome to the Z! Your future forum contributions will be well received :smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride! Be sure to post pictures when you get your custom exhaust pipes installed.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Help from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Northern California. Come on in for the best help, food for thought, and conversation there is to find anywhere. Life is GOOD with a Challenger! Glad you're here. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hi all.

Just joined the forum a couple of days ago, before taking delivery of my 2014 Challenger RT/Plus - 100th Anniversary Edition (yesterday in fact). Sounds a little unbelievable, but I actually received 5 compliments within the first 2 hours of owning the car. Talk about positive reinforcement that you made the right decision :D

Truthfully, I haven't really stopped smiling since leaving the dealership.

Initially I was going to purchase the Camaro 2 SS and even did a couple of test drives. I was ready to pull the trigger - until I drove the Challenger (kind of by accident).
It was love at first drive - what an incredible car! Lots of brute force but still refined enough to be a DD.

I've been trolling the forum since joining, looking for mods to do (I'm actually planning on starting yet another thread about CAIs - just kidding) and have been window shopping on vendor sites like a man possessed.

Figure I'll start small and go for some appearance mods first - tint, lower the car a bit w/ new H&R springs to reduce the wheel gap and then push the shoes out a little with spacers. Also plan on getting the Billet Catch Can.

Before going any further though, I'm planning on dyno'ing the car to baseline it, then go for the HP mods. I'm extremely fortunate enough to work for a Euro Tuner and have access to a Dyno. Another plus is that we make exhausts and I've already roped in my lead fabricator to bang out a custom exhaust/tips for me too (don't hate).

Really impressed so far with the friendliness of the forum posters and the mods. Haven't seen any snooty-ness or attitudes, which is really refreshing.

I'm excited to be a member and am looking forward to becoming a contributor.

Hoping to start a mod thread and do my part to share in the Mopar love as well as some knowledge along the way.

Mike
Welcome to the Z from Wallkill, NY. Expect alot of compliments from you car. It is a norm with the Challenger.:smileup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts