Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

I bought my Challenger late July after my 2005 Cadillac STS became too expensive to maintain. The Caddy had the Northstar V8 (5.7) and she was a blast to drive. Great mix of luxury and power, but buying her with over 100k was a financial rookie mistake, but not a regret.

I now have a 2010 R/T Classic Auto. Black, with the dark grey stripes on the side. Being 23 years old, she suits me a lot better than the Caddy. I am far more excited to drive her than I did with the Cadillac (even during my honeymoon phase when I first got the Caddy ;).

I'm also a new LT in the military and my first assignment will be in Fort Sill, OK so I'll be heading there for 7 months in the end of August before Fort Bragg in NC sometime next year.

Since getting the Challenger, I've been using this website to answer any questions I had and I had to cave in and join. My car will be an everyday vehicle to work. I can't wait for the 24+ hour drive across the country.

My first mod is the exhaust. The stock is just not doing justice. I recently installed glasspacks in place of the big suitcase muffler in the center of the vehicle. My next move regards the resonators. I'm stuck between either deleting the resonators in the rear and replacing them with pipes OR just replacing them with another set of glasspacks.

My only issues are droning and outside noise. I can't keep pulling into post at 0400 and pissing everyone off. Currently, I'm happy with the generic glasspacks my local auto shop installed. They sound amazing but they're just not loud enough and kind of still sound stock. I also don't want to keep flooring it just to get that "roar". Any advice? Thanks!

I'm happy to be a part of this community.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
Welcome from Monmouth County.
Glad to have you here and thanks for your service !

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland. Enjoy the site.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Welcome to the Z, glad to have you here! :wavey:

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing: Hello and Welcome to the "Z Family" from Wyandotte Michigan !!! :Racing:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy!

Are you aware of the timing chain recall and if your car has been serviced ?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome in, and nice looking Challenger. I'm sure you'll find more than enough people here who can help you with that exhaust note you're looking for. Lots of enthusiasts around, and we each want something specific for our car and pursue creative means to get it. Search and ask, and I bet you get a friendly answer or three pretty quick.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts