Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Dodge family. Glad to be a part of this forum. Hope all is well with everyone. I recently got straight pipes put on my 2012 SXT Challenger. I know they can be illegal. But I have been to the dealership for servicing a few times and no one has mentioned anything being illegal. I know my emissions is coming up and I want to make sure I pass. As far as I know, I still have the resonators and catalytic converter. Am I safe?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,555 Posts
Good morning Dodge family. Glad to be a part of this forum. Hope all is well with everyone. I recently got straight pipes put on my 2012 SXT Challenger. I know they can be illegal. But I have been to the dealership for servicing a few times and no one has mentioned anything being illegal. I know my emissions is coming up and I want to make sure I pass. As far as I know, I still have the resonators and catalytic converter. Am I safe?
Welcome from AZ, not sure about emissions in your state, but you will probably be ok.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Your straight pipes should not affect your emissions that much. Just make sure the tests are done with a warm system.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
welcome to the Z...totally different rules up here so I can't help...but I would tend to agree that they shouldn't affect emissions...other than noise!!!

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from North N.J.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

Glad to have you on board

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,999 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Illinois. ---Go on your State's web site, under motor vehicle inspections. You'll probably find the answer you're looking for.--:D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Northern California. Come on in for the best help, food for thought, and conversation there is to find anywhere. Life is GOOD with a Challenger! Glad you're here. :smileup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts