Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of getting a 2014 R/T, with the 5 speed auto, and have a few questions.
Will this R/T come with the limited slip 215 rear axle and 3.06 ratio?
Performance wise, stock, what would be approx 0-60 and 1/4 mi times?

The reason I ask is my 2013 R/T Charger came with the smaller rear axle and 2.65 ratio, which was a surprise to me.

thanks for any input, trying to educate myself before I make any changes.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,702 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland. Enjoy the site. Sorry, but I don't the answer to your questions. I'm sure somebody will chime in, though.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 2014 R/T will come with a 215 mm open rear unless you specify LSD then it will come with the 226 mm Getrag LSD. So make sure you find one on the lot that has that option, but no matter which rear you get it will have 3.06 gears with the automatic transmission.

Reactions: Coyote

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
As for performance I started at around a 13.68 stock and then with a few minor bolt on mods a canned diablo tune and a set of drag radials worked it down to a 12.87.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,702 Posts
As for performance I started at around a 13.68 stock and then with a few minor bolt on mods a canned diablo tune and a set of drag radials worked it down to a 12.87.
Which is very good.You would not get those times if you lived in Denver.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 2014 R/T will come with a 215 mm open rear unless you specify LSD then it will come with the 226 mm Getrag LSD. So make sure you find one on the lot that has that option, but no matter which rear you get it will have 3.06 gears with the automatic transmission.
First off welcome to the Z from Wallkill, NY. :)
Also QFT what 70barcuda said.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Northern California. Come on in for the best help, food for thought, and conversation there is to find anywhere. Life is GOOD with a Challenger! Glad you're here. :smileup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts