Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I definitely want to know how this goes, i.e. the process of install, how easy/hard it is, pictures, that sort of thing. I'm not doing it to mine, rather, when I upgrade I will be doing it later. Would like to know if this or painting is the route to go? Can't wait to see how it turns out :smileup:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Head & fog lamp assemblies w/halo's.
Its gonna look great !You have to remove the front fascia for the halo's so its gonna be easy. Im gonna get the pry tools from auto zone and pry the sucker out of the car . I'll look at where the tabs are on the new one and find them on the old one and pry up and pull out til its out. New one should just snap right in

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely want to know how this goes, i.e. the process of install, how easy/hard it is, pictures, that sort of thing. I'm not doing it to mine, rather, when I upgrade I will be doing it later. Would like to know if this or painting is the route to go? Can't wait to see how it turns out :smileup:
I'll post pics. I did paint the old one detonator yellow but I guess I screwed up and its starting to peel so rather than plasti-dip it or re-spray it .Its cheap enough to just buy a new one. And the black chrome will look great with the look of my car

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,945 Posts
Its gonna look great !You have to remove the front fascia for the halo's so its gonna be easy. Im gonna get the pry tools from auto zone and pry the sucker out of the car . I'll look at where the tabs are on the new one and find them on the old one and pry up and pull out til its out. New one should just snap right in
There are 12 tabs you have to get loose. If you are not worried about saving the old one should not be an issue as you'll probably break a couple off. We had a mod day last month where we installed the lights on a friends car, took every bit of 10 minutes to get the fascia off. Take more time to run the wiring.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are 12 tabs you have to get loose. If you are not worried about saving the old one should not be an issue as you'll probably break a couple off. We had a mod day last month where we installed the lights on a friends car, took every bit of 10 minutes to get the fascia off. Take more time to run the wiring.
I don't care about the old one so i won't need to be gentle with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.