Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin was never a big car guy. When I bought my Challenger he liked it and thought it was cool but reciently his inner Mopar was awakened but not actually by me. He is a cop and always had a Crown Vic as his patrol car until it broke down (I bet you can see where this is going). He was given a new Charger to use for a couple days until his Vic was repaired. So while on patrol a speeder blows by him that he has to pursue so he drops the hammer and gets a true Mopar baptism:pop:. He said "I think my stomach, my bowels and maybe the rest of me are still in the back seat because that's where it felt like everything went when that thing hooked up!" He wound up overshooting the speeder and slowing down to let him catch up to pull him over. I said he should have locked em up and blocked the road since he passed him in an "I meant to do that" save of face move. He also told me that while driving to Florida last month he ran into a North Carolina cop in a Challenger and after talking to him a bit the cop left in a cloud of smoke while "drifting" out of the parking lot they were in, I guess showing off a bit. So last night at our uncle's birthday party he was real interested in my car asking "my God , just how fast is that thing" If conditions were permitting I would have found a back road somewhere and showed him.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I posted this in a vintage Mopar forum I belong to. Thought I would share:

So I go to get the new Challenger's title and plates earlier today. Because I bought the car in Ohio I had to get it "inspected" by the local Sheriff's office to validate the VIN. (It's a Kentucky thing.) Anyway, the older cop who was handling the inspections walks out and see the car and immediately starts telling me about his 71 Challenger with a 440+6. Good old guy, I'm guessing between 55-60yrs old, asked if I would mind taking him a ride in it. It wasn't necessary for the inspection but you could tell he was just dying to see how it ran. I said sure. So we get in the car and the first thing he sees is the pistol grip shifter. As he wiped away the drool I fired it up. He's like OH YEAH. So I take him out onto the main drag about a half mile down the road and turned around to go back. Got stopped at a light. As we are sitting there he turns to me and asked, "Have you gotten on it yet?" I'm like well, it still on break-in. (260 miles) He's says I sure would love to see how it runs. Light turns green and I dropped the hammer. The tires were lighting up and the car was walking sideways in its lane. Threw it back into second and the car bit after about a 30 foot patch and we were gone. A quick 80 mph in a 40 with a cop in the car cheering me on. LOL I love this state sometimes.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,087 Posts
Good stuff here, all good stuff!!

·
13,007 Posts
Great story!! Rep points coming.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I love stories like that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.