Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the new Barton Shifter put in today. Haven't gotten to drive it to much, will drive it more tomorrow. So far, reverse is a little hard to get into, I hear a little buzz at around 3400 rpm. (original shifter handle is making the noise) I REALLY like the short throw. This adds to the fun factor when driving! Anyway, just had to share.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out why the reverse was so hard! The people from Barton Industries came by and checked the installation of the shifter! Is that a class act or what??? (they were on their way to California for business and made a detour through Ulysses!) Everything was installed correctly. I had used the stock stick, and because the setup on the 09 R/T is slightly different then the newer models the shorter throw of the stock stick made the reverse detent exceptionally difficult to actuate. (I hope this makes sense) Anyway, the new shifter was taken out and installed several times, as was the old shifter installed and then taken out. (they spent several hours here) The fix was to get the flat stick (slightly longer) and use it instead of the original stick. I was told they will modify one of the blocks and if I want to go back to the stock stick the new block will give me the right leverage. These guys were so impressive with the way they were willing to work with me and to make sure I was completely happy with their product. This is a topnotch company. I wish other companies had this dedication to their customers and products. Thanks Barton Industries!

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
Now THAT is customer service!! Happy rowing!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts