Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been plenty of posts about this topic here...
However I am having a hard time figuring out what I want.

My 2015 Scat Pack M6 came used with Pirelli PZero 275/40R20s on it all the way around.
The rear is obviously more warn than the front... (Came that way I swear haha)

I am considering just swapping front to back and putting some 255s up front, is this a bad idea?

Also, I want the same or better grip if I replace the rear, I would probably just get some new PZeros to through out back if going staggered isn't a good idea. But I am open to some suggestions if there is something better...

Also this is my daily driver so I want some tread life, so cheater slicks are a no go.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd go drag radial out back but that's just my 2 cents...anything else I don't think will hold up to the low end torque

·
Have a HEMI DAY ...
1,307 Posts

My 2015 Scat Pack M6 came used with Pirelli PZero 275/40R20s on it all the way around.

I am considering just swapping front to back and putting some 255s up front, is this a bad idea?

Also, I want the same or better grip if I replace the rear, I would probably just get some new PZeros to through out back if going staggered isn't a good idea. But I am open to some suggestions if there is something better...

Also this is my daily driver so I want some tread life, so cheater slicks are a no go.

Ha ha ha . I chuckled on the title of your thread, sorry but that is very witty... i love it.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts

Nothing wrong with staggering except rotation would be more involved and probably not worth the extra work for the difference in tire wear without it.

Reactions: Lyle

·
Registered
538 Posts

Wth.. Mine came with POS 245s

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
I am running staggered because the 275's would not fit up front.. no issues except no tire rotation...

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
People on here seem to rave about the Continental DSW06's as a great tire with good treadwear and good traction. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are supposed to be good too. I would stay away from Goodyear F1's or RSA/RSA2's, not a very good tire IMO.

Honestly I don't think any regular street tire with a harder compound is going to provide very good traction with the power these cars put out. You need a wider (275 or 305) tire as well as a softer compound to grip better. For a daily driver you likely have to sacrifice some traction to gain better treadwear/traction in the rain, etc.

I just put my stock 245's back on the car the other day in preparation for our weekend trip up north and man those tires are a joke! The car peels out without even trying, even from a roll nailing it! Soon as I get back home the drag radials are going back on again!

If the Pirelli 275's seem to work pretty good maybe a brand new set would be the ticket. I would probably stick with 275's all around as well just for easier tire rotations since it's a daily driver. I believe the 255/45/R20 will be slightly taller than the 275/40/R20 which may look a little funny, not sure if it's enough to actually notice visually though. The older SRT's used to come with 255's in the back and 245's in the front from the factory. But the 2015+ seem to accept 275's all around, so I'd probably go that route if mine were a daily driver like yours.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Go continental DSW ..much experience with tires. And these are hands down the best of all worlds of a tire if your not looking for just a dedicated drag radial to daily drive on.
Great in the rain.
Quieter then stock.
Hook up great.
Affordable price.
Handle great.

I had them on my over 600 Rwhp ZL1 and on a stock GT500 that I use to have and loved them on both applications.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go continental DSW ..much experience with tires. And these are hands down the best of all worlds of a tire if your not looking for just a dedicated drag radial to daily drive on.
Great in the rain.
Quieter then stock.
Hook up great.
Affordable price.
Handle great.

I had them on my over 600 Rwhp ZL1 and on a stock GT500 that I use to have and loved them on both applications.
continental DSW? That's an All-season... with 560 A A Treadwear... That's a big jump from the max performance summers I am running now...
I am a little skeptical about their traction...
I think I put them on my '14 Mazda 6 and had to trade them back in I didn't like them so much... They felt squishy in the corners.

·
Registered
476 Posts
BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2as my 4th set of tires like them better than the other 3 listed .....Continental DWS.....Goodyear super cars that came with it and pirrelli P zero's

·
Banned
430 Posts
continental DSW? That's an All-season... with 560 A A Treadwear... That's a big jump from the max performance summers I am running now...
I am a little skeptical about their traction...
I think I put them on my '14 Mazda 6 and had to trade them back in I didn't like them so much... They felt squishy in the corners.
Definitely not squishy in the corners hence the stiff side walls. So not sure if your mixing them up with something else or not.
Just cause a tire says Max performance, doesn't mean there anything to rant about. Trust me!
Yes the continental is labeled as an all season. Still it has a low profile sleek look as good as any and it does everything good. Maybe not the best cause of dedicated drags, etc...
But everything real good.
Dry traction is an easy 8
Handling a 9
Road noise 9-10
Comfort 10
Rain 9-10
There even rated for the snow. Not that I have experience with them in the snow but I'm sure there not bad.
I've had in the teens of American muscle cars, running all kinds of numerous tires for the road. Michelin , good years, pirelli, bf goodrich , and hankooks .
With the exception of the michelin PSS, the continental is hands down the winner. The PSS might be a Tad better in dry traction but I would say thats it out of all the categories and there a shit load price.

I'm just sharing my opinion. Opinions will vary but this is what the thread was about but in the end get what makes you happy.

Just to show you how different opinions are.. the guy who posted above me loves the sport comp bf's .
I had them on a camaro 1/LE and hated them. Car had a lot of power but replaced them with the continentals and it was worlds better.
They have always been my favorite and have yet to be beat for all around performance by me yet.
Good luck!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am looking into getting 275/40 R20 tires for the rear of my car.
I have been leaning towards either Nitto Motivo or Continental Extreme Contact DW tires.
The differences are as follows:
Nitto Motivo 275/40 R20, in stock, $172 each, tread wear = 560, traction = A
Continental Extreme Contact DW 275/40 R20, special order, $230 each, tread wear = 340, Traction = AA

So for $58 more a tire I am seriously considering the Continental over the Nitto. I have used Nitto drag radials in the past without issue, but I may go with a different tire this time.
I will keep the stock tires up front...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've run both the DWS's and DW's on an Audi A5 Quatro and enjoyed both I had the DWS's when i lived in a cooler climate, and put the DW's on when they wore out after moving to Texas. Great tires for the money in all areas. The DW's started cupping on the inside pretty bad but I attribute that to an alignment issue. Oh and don't expect them to last 35k miles.

I'm looking for a set of Hellcat wheels so I'll have to 275's all the way around. It'll either be the DW's or P Zero's.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
What kind of mileage can you expect from the Conti DSW's?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am looking into getting 275/40 R20 tires for the rear of my car.
I have been leaning towards either Nitto Motivo or Continental Extreme Contact DW tires.
The differences are as follows:
Nitto Motivo 275/40 R20, in stock, $172 each, tread wear = 560, traction = A
Continental Extreme Contact DW 275/40 R20, special order, $230 each, tread wear = 340, Traction = AA

So for $58 more a tire I am seriously considering the Continental over the Nitto. I have used Nitto drag radials in the past without issue, but I may go with a different tire this time.
I will keep the stock tires up front...
I went with Conti Extreme Contact DW 275s on all 4 corners. Brand new but love them so far!

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Although I have no experience with the Conti DWS based on your wants and needs and that you live in NE, these should be of serious consideration. I just replaced my stock tires with BFgoodrich Sport Comp 2. However if my car was a daily driver I would have gotten the Conti DWS.

-Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
sport comp 2's are 3 season add the as and they are all season..................different tread design

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Reactions: large

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
If you don't have to put up with snow and cold Conti.DW are a great tire. Had them on my 98 vette,325HP to the wheels. They were 295/35/18 in the back, great traction in dry and wet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts