Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of new shoes for my 2011 Challenger R/T. I ordered a set of American Racing Blvd wheels, staggered with 22x9 for the front and 22x11 for the rear. The folks at American Racing guaranteed they would fit, even when I stated that the car is lowered. I was told to wrap them with 265/30 22 for the front and 295/25 22 for the rear. Does anyone here have this setup on their Challenger?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I don't have that setup, but I do want to see some pics when you get 'em on! :smileup:

I'm sure they will look awesome!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Subscribed!! I wanna see them on your car!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Yes, please before and after photos would be great.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. They get shipped out tomorrow and once they get here, I'll take them to a local garage (without tires) and test out the fit. If all goes well, I'll have them plasti-dipped in the color I want with tires on very soon.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First Update: I went to Discount Tire yesterday with one 22x9 wheel for the front and one 22x11 wheel for the rear. The front wheel fit with no problem. The rear fit, but I have to change the tire size because my Challenger is lowered. The tires for the front will still be wrapped in 265/30 22s, but the front will have to be wrapped in 285/30 22s. Going with 295 will rub up against the inside wheel well. Next week they will be off to the painter to get powder coated which will be a 3 week process. That will give me time to get the Challenger back from the repair shop which received $4600 worth of hail damage 2 weeks ago. No worries, that's the reason I pay insurance.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New Red Shoes!

I got my wheels back from the painter on Friday. They are American Racing Blvd Wheels (Front-22x9 Rear-22-11) wrapped in Yokohama Pradas 265/30 22s and 285/30 22s. They were originally black but I had them powder-coated red to match the red R/T stripe that was originally black also. I'll post some better pictures later this week, it's been raining and overcast most of the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I got my wheels back from the painter on Friday. They are American Racing Blvd Wheels (Front-22x9 Rear-22-11) wrapped in Yokohama Pradas 265/30 22s and 285/30 22s. They were originally black but I had them powder-coated red to match the red R/T stripe that was originally black also. I'll post some better pictures later this week, it's been raining and overcast most of the weekend.
They look great :smileup:, congrats.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
The red and white combo looks real good! I like 'em!:smileup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
They look great, glad to hear about those tire sizes. I have 22 in staggered Vossens from my Charger that I want to put on but they are 295 in the back. Sounds like I will have a rubbing issue possibly, so I will be more careful when installing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look great, glad to hear about those tire sizes. I have 22 in staggered Vossens from my Charger that I want to put on but they are 295 in the back. Sounds like I will have a rubbing issue possibly, so I will be more careful when installing.
That's what I was afraid of since my Challenger is lowered and is why I went with 285 instead of 295. But, no rubbing problem at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts