Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next question. I'm planning ahead for my next set of tires since we all know the F1s don't last that long. I really like my factory Blacktop rims so my question is, what is the widest tire I can stick on there and maintain a close to stock tire height?

·
Registered
174 Posts
depends on the width of your rims. mine are 8.0" (at least i think so, heritage rims?), and 255mm width is the best you can do, especially in the front. not sure if i'd go any wider, even in the back, since there's a limit to how much you want to squeeze that fit with a fixed offset. just my modestly informed opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends on the width of your rims. mine are 8.0" (at least i think so, heritage rims?), and 255mm width is the best you can do, especially in the front. not sure if i'd go any wider, even in the back, since there's a limit to how much you want to squeeze that fit with a fixed offset. just my modestly informed opinion.
From the research I've done it appears that you are correct. I was hoping to go bigger but it looks like that's not gonna happen.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
The added benefit of the 255's are they appear to fill up the gap at the top of the wheel wells a little more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts