Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still had OEM wheels because I just couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted. I ****THINK**** I've narrowed it down to these choices. My favorite by far, is the Forgeline SC3C, however, they are cost prohibitive, even with the contribution from my insurance company. However, I am determined to find a silver lining in this and would like to call upon the Z members for their input. It's a little hard to find reviews or honest assessment of the wheels below, so if anyone has experience, good or bad, with any of these wheel manufacturers, it would be greatly appreciated.

From what I have found, I have eliminated some other choices (not shown here) due to difficulty in balancing, tendency to experience unacceptable levels of vibration and/or poor customer support.

My photochopping skills are limited, but hopefully enough of the effect will be evident. I've gravitated toward the five double spoke design....Of course, OEM wheels are an option as well.....

Forgeline SC3C (ideally would have dark gray or titanium barrel)

Adventus AVS-1 (have not verified that this wheel is aluminum)

Niche Mach V

Lorenzo WL 197

Lexani R Five

US Forged

Thank you in avance for your help and opinions! Remember - I asked for it!

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,600 Posts
My choices are the Lexani or the USW or the OEM.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I really wish I knew more about the brands to give you more useful feedback. Of the pictures you put up the Lexani R Five image is my favorite.

I'm trying to picture it but in my head I think the (core/yellow jacket/super bee wheels) would be a pretty sweet OEM option if the split in the spokes wasn't too large for your liking. I was trying to find shots of a B5 blue wearing them without much luck.

Best of Luck
Jay

·
Registered
44 Posts
me personally i would be curious to see a challenger with machined with black inserted srt8 300 wheels...its a real good looking wheel and not the typical 5 spoke... im looking at them for mine since its a black car..

·
12,989 Posts
I like the Lexani and U.S. Forged.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Theresa, I don't care for the Forgeline SC3C or Niche Mach v, but all the rest are good.
I guess my favorite is the Adventus AVS-1. I like the overall look of this wheel with your car, and I also like the bright inside of the wheel that would contrast nicely with your tires.
Good luck on your choice!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Lexani all the way! Not only for looks but for construction.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Adventus AVS-1, NO QUESTION. It's the closest to the look I think your going for.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
I like the US Forged. With the inside barrels painted to match your stripes!

How sharp would that be!

Hilda likes that one too!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have no experience but I love your choices! I personally like the ones with some black in the pockets and I agree that they would look best with a dark barrel. One of my pet peeves about my own blacktop wheels is the overspray on the silver barrels looks chitty.

If i HAD to choose I like the Adventus or Lorenzos.

Realize too the discs and calipers or going to show a lot more than on the stockers.

Good luck and sorry about the whole ordeal you had to go through :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
well at the end of the day...just choose what you like. only real advice i have to give that these cars could use a wheel thats dished....instead of flat. my 08 mustang i have for sale has some great looking 5 spoke 18s but they are flat...something with some dish or a deep lip if you will looks best.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
it is hard to say, you narrowed it down to some great choices. with the lines and size of the car, i agree with flamesarewicked, it would look better with dished wheels though

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of the choices, I'd prefer the US Forged. I think the "tucked in" look looks fast sitting still.
What kind of sneakers are you putting on those feet?
Just got a great deal on Hankook Venus V12s. 245/45-20 on the front, 275/40-20 on the rears. They should be here Friday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts