Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo! Just got a Bright Silver Metallic 2009 R/T, dropping it off to Dodge in a few days to do my first checkup/recalls!

Previous owner didn’t drive the car hard but neglected it. I’ve been around the vehicle since the day it was purchased so I know it’s history.

Low, occasionally mid grade octane. Conventional Oil, never synthetic. 38K miles, wearing the stock dry rotted Eagles, never garaged and even some rust on the driver side door.

Anything you guys recommend I should talk to Dodge about doing while they have it?

I want to give this car the love it deserves.

A paint and rust correction/Synthetic Oil/High Octane gas will be coming in spring along with putting some new tires on.(any recommendations?? pretty sure it has the SRT wheels, 20” 5 spoke chrome wheels)

It’ll be garaged until then, AFTER I get it back from Dodge. Glad to join the club, looking forward to learning and responses from people who know more about my car then I do haha. Really excited, ThankZ!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. I come from Front Wheel Drive 4 Cyls! I love to drive, it’s been one of my favorite things to do since the first time I got behind the wheel of some little electric cart when I was a small child. I’ve rode dirt bikes, quads, go-karts, the works.

The Challenger is my first v8. I’m not the most knowledgeable on mechanics. I’m spoiled having a Grandfather and relatives who grew up in the 50s-70s working on everything they could get their hands on. I’d like to learn a lot more about working on vehicles in general.

Well that’s a little about me thanks for checking my post out.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,858 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Reactions: 009

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,564 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,385 Posts
Greetings from the Conch Republic! In 2009, SRT wheels were 5 spoke aluminum, with "SRT" cast into them. 20's were an option on RTs though.

·
Registered
22,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,487 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greetings from the Conch Republic! In 2009, SRT wheels were 5 spoke aluminum, with "SRT" cast into them. 20's were an option on RTs though.
Hey thanks for that! I assumed they were the same wheel. Have a good day man

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

Urgent: make sure the timing chain recall was performed on your MDS engine.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,303 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, we have a lot of members here from Ohio, enjoy that new ride you have and have fun with it.
download (27).jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts