Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me get right to it!
back in 1978 I begged my dad to let me buy a challenger. Request denied. Ended up with a 69 chevelle. Since that time I have loved and wanted a challenger. Then in 08 I went to the dealer, but due to the economy it did not happen, but man I was close. Since then I have continued that need and now can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So let me present the question to those of you who are in the know about the 08 - 2014 Challengers. Based on the mechanics and technology is there anyone willing to lend an opinion on what year/s the SRT might be stronger than others? Based on quality, performance and interior or even things that you all have experienced?

There are a couple things that might sway me one way or another but figured I would get the opinion of those who have been involved. Thanks Gregg

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,017 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Key West! What are your ultimate goals with the car? Modding? leaving stock? Lots of info here - enjoy!

·
13,007 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,906 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Well the strongest SRT's are the 2011 & up (392's) or you can wait for the Hellcat but it's going to be really pricey. Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,911 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!
I will be leaving the car stock. Not into the need to run the car hard, but would like to have that as an option should there be a stretch of road when there is nobody around to open it up. But going fast is much better on 2 wheels and those days are over! so for now it is to cruze around and stare at it all winter long in the garage - oh common tell me you don't do that?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Mississippi! :4-wavey:

Good luck on the search for your Challenger, hope you find the perfect one soon! :smileup:

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Welcome from central PA. 2008-2010 SRT got the 6.1 Hemi and a rating of 425 HP, from 2011-2014 they got the 392 Hemi and a HP rating of 470. So if you are going by stock figures then 2011 and newer is the way to go. If you want to build a motor, well then opinions are going to no doubt vary as to which is best.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
welcome to the Z Gregg. Still have that 69 Chevelle? One of my all time favorites!

to answer your question....can't go wrong with any Challengers...but an 2011+ SRT is going to fit your needs for strong and fast!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,868 Posts
Welcome to the Z from N.E. Pa.!!! Enjoy the site!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Member from Trenton

Welcome to the best forum on the web. Nice to hear from someone from close to where I lived back in the 60s. As a kid I use to go down English Town NJ to drag race and over to the Fairless complex on Sundays to drag race no cops around near the mill. Good to have you join. My daughter who is 33 bought her first modern muscle car a new 2012 Challenger 392 fully optioned early last year as a leftover. This is her cruise car for spring summer and early fall. If you want a car for your type winters AWD chargers can handle your winters snow - check out this video of a Charger we happened to see at last years Chryslers at Carlisle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmKHjUzBUU

2011 start with the 6.4 hemi and used low mile cars are pretty good bet.
Make sure you check with your insurance carrier since your area has higher rates than PGH. Good luck.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Gastonia N.C., Glad to have you with us !!! :4-wavey:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks to those who have sent the welcome message! Friendly start for sure!!

Northernhawk - yes I do have the 69 chevelle and a 70 SS to boot. the 69 may go in order to purchase the Challenger, storage being the primary reason, but if there is a work around I will find it.

While HP is important having over 400hp is not to shabby. Is there any other technological advantages in suspension, electronics or other one would need to be concerned about? I do like the steering wheel on the 2012 but outside of that I would need to dig deep to find differences that would make it objective not to take one model year over another...........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.