21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome from AZ, how was the air intake plumbed to get cold air, been thinking about doing it.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi to the car guys (or girls?) on this page... Seems this cold air package is the THANG now a day... This is what the old scoop on the hood was made for in the old days. Cool ambient air went right to the intake filter... Now the air comes piped into most fender wells some how... OR, the inner light holes. TG dodge found a better place for that no longer needed light hole.... I am sure you all agree with me? If not bring it on...
As for the K-N air filter giving you another 5 HP... I ask - at what rpm... They don't tell ya that... Have read the KN sucks in more dirt to give ya more air. Don't get me wrong I believe in KN . I just get the one that fits in my intake filter box.
Ya I get carried away. ONE octane up on gas will give ya 2-3 HP on the up end... Check your plugs that are so called good for 50K now... They sell the good stuff out there - over 20 bucks a QT but safe in the gas tank for no lead engines...
Hate this adage but, take baby steps that your cars manufacturer made for you... They know alot more then us on how to make a f'en fast street car... Drive safe, bobbymac

21 - 28 of 28 Posts