Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I assume by no negatives on the 3.09 limited and 4" aluminum one piece we are in agreement? If so, I will get the orders in. I'll wait 24 hrs in case for late replies.

Thanks to all.

Reactions: CaptScat345

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One last question, Can I get the safety loop through the driveshaft shop?

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
3,093 Posts
So the traction control still applies brake turned off. No wonder my 0-60s are not improving. Along with the fact that the more I drive the car the more torque it seems to develop. Although I can't figure out why it would. Maybe my butt dyno is off.
even with the traction control turned off it isn't totally off, the 3.09 lsd is a good swap as it will need no reprograming of the tcm or pcm . good luck with your mods

Reactions: APG1 and Johnnyreb

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,914 Posts
Reactions: Johnnyreb

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks Ry and Mike t I'm gonna order tomorrow. And Ry thanks for being a gentleman about the tire issue. Not one I told you so. I don't think I could have done it. LOL.

And a thank you to all that responded.Hot Dan, Captscat, mtglass, Dodgeguy, Rockdj, bandit992 and anyone else I missed.

·
Registered
2016 Shaker R/T ProCharged
113 Posts
Great upgrade, DSS 4 inch single piece aluminum driveshaft and 3.09 LSD diff. Been running that driveshaft and 3.69 LSD diff for over 2 and 1/2 years and mechanically it's perfect. I also have a S&M Performance driveshaft loop ( made of 1/4 inch steel plate and is NHRA certified ). Cost of the loop is $200 and its part number is SMPADSL

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am thinking about going with the BMR drive shaft loop because it mounts on the transmission cross member and is NHRA approved as well. $140 but the cost is not the reason. I like the way it mounts. Looks solid. Do you all think the Gforce would be better?

Also did you all have a lift when you swapped out your Differentials? And how hard was it with your setup RY?

My buddy with the lift in his shop works on a sea going tug as a mechanic and is out of town right now so should I wait for him or do it on Jack stands?
Differential is ordered and the driveline waiting on your response before I order the loop.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
did mine on ramps , jack stands would work also. safety loop is your choice both work and are well made

Reactions: Johnnyreb and APG1

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,914 Posts
I am thinking about going with the BMR drive shaft loop because it mounts on the transmission cross member and is NHRA approved as well. $140 but the cost is not the reason. I like the way it mounts. Looks solid. Do you all think the Gforce would be better?

Also did you all have a lift when you swapped out your Differentials? And how hard was it with your setup RY?

My buddy with the lift in his shop works on a sea going tug as a mechanic and is out of town right now so should I wait for him or do it on Jack stands?
Differential is ordered and the driveline waiting on your response before I order the loop.
The BMR would not clear my Magnaflow High Flow Cats, I bought it, tried to install it, and ended up returning it and bought the one I link recommended, the only setup that the BMR should fit is 100% stock exhaust.

Others have had the same issue with the BMR not fitting certain brand aftermarket exhausts, you can take a chance if you want you do have long tube headers, but if it won't fit you won't make it fit.

Changing the diff., I used ramps floor jacks and jack stands, the jack slipped and scared the hell out of me, it only dropped an inch but when the jack slipped metal to metal it was so loud I probably had to go clean my pants. That was the reason after that, I built the ramps in my back yard.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The BMR would not clear my Magnaflow High Flow Cats, I bought it, tried to install it, and ended up returning it and bought the one I link recommended, the only setup that the BMR should fit is 100% stock exhaust.

Others have had the same issue with the BMR not fitting certain brand aftermarket exhausts, you can take a chance if you want you do have long tube headers, but if it won't fit you won't make it fit.

Changing the diff., I used ramps floor jacks and jack stands, the jack slipped and scared the hell out of me, it only dropped an inch but when the jack slipped metal to metal it was so loud I probably had to go clean my pants. That was the reason after that, I built the ramps in my back yard.
Thanks, as you know I'm running the magnaflow as well. I'll just go with the Gforce.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thought you might like to see my one wheeler that made me decide to get the LS differential. I couldn't get it all in the picture but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,914 Posts
Thought you might like to see my one wheeler that made me decide to get the LS differential. I couldn't get it all in the picture but you get the idea.
I still remember when I discovered I had an open differential, was doing a burnout and blue smoke enveloped the rear end and you couldn't see out of the rear. Went down the road and turned around to go back and see my stripes on the road. WHAT THE!???< Not Stripes, just one! :eek::sick::(:mad:🤬

A Challenger with an open differential how could Dodge do this, my muscle car turned into a unicycle! 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I still remember when I discovered I had an open differential, was doing a burnout and blue smoke enveloped the rear end and you couldn't see out of the rear. Went down the road and turned around to go back and see my stripes on the road. WHAT THE!???< Not Stripes, just one! :eek::sick::(:mad:🤬

A Challenger with an open differential how could Dodge do this, my muscle car turned into a unicycle! 🤣
Can It even be classified as a muscle car and do that? In front of a Camaro no less.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,914 Posts
Can It even be classified as a muscle car and do that? In front of a Camaro no less.
As far as Dodge is concerned IMO, the 5.7 V8 has never been viewed in their eyes as a Muscle car. Since they always report the 5.7 as being the old faithful utility horse truck engine. Which has more capability but is so dialed back from the factory even when the 8 speed automatic transmission debuted in 2015, they gave it an open differential to further cripple it. Which by the way the 8HP70 transmission was dialed back as well as a transmission tune will definitely show that as true.

So the 5.7 is actually the Mule in the stable, the so called workhorse good for plowing the fields, well my Grandfather had 2 mules, which were 2 of the scariest creatures I had ever seen. Their strength was unbelievable they pulled those heavy plows and cut that ground like it was butter. When it was time for their feeding my Grandfather just unhooked them from the plow and snatched off the blinders, and they bolted for the stable like a "Bat Out Of Hell"! He always had me stand behind him when he released them, as you did not want to be caught between them and that stable. The power they had pulling the plows was irrelevant to the power they expended running to the stables.

Now what happens to a 5.7 HEMI mule when all the Dodge limitations are removed, and the car that was not meant to be a Muscle car, beats the intended Muscle cars! 🤣

I call that Ironic! (y) :)

21 - 40 of 76 Posts