Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go for a tune on my car, so purchased the I-1000 DCX from Speedlogix.

I loaded the 91 Octane tune, adjusted the throttle boost to 15%, changed the tire size to the correct size and increased the speed limiter.

Now I don't do many miles at all in my Challenger (2000 in 6.5 months), my drive pretty much consists of dropping the wife off at the station everyday and collecting her again after work.

All of it is pretty much slow, start/stop driving and as a result of this, the car is only averaging 14.9mpg.

So after loading the tune, I headed to the station and the average mpg was 19.2mpg!! I've since done 4 trips to the station in the same driving conditions and it seems to have settled around the 18.2mpg mark :smileup:

There isn't really anywhere where I live to open the throttle without endangering anyone, so I don't know what increase it has given me there but I'll report back when I find somewhere.

The firmness of the gear changes is probably the biggest difference, it feels great. I'm really happy with this, a great purchase.

I don't think there are many other engine mods I can do on my 3.6, so the next logical step would be to save for a supercharger :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
209 Posts
When you get that supercharger your MPG will go to shits, all you will want to do is WOT, drift, and do burnouts. :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
When you get that supercharger your MPG will go to shits, all you will want to do is WOT, drift, and do burnouts. :D
The Challenger isn't blown but I had a T bird that was and well yeah he's dead on that whine is addictive! The more you hear it the more you need to hear it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That is a great mpg increase. :smileup: Very impressive.

Supercharger is a great mod, but Knocturnall is right. Once you have it, your mileage will go back to 14 mpg, unless you will feather the pedal; but where is the fun in that? :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I really want one.

The trouble is that I can't find anywhere to go fast. I might have to venture further east to see if I can find somewhere to open it up a bit.

I pulled into the station this morning to some obnoxious lady asking me if I really needed to be revving the car that loud, I must have been doing 5mph at best.

I don't know what shocked her more, the fact that I told her to mind her own business and everyone laughed, or the fact that I wasn't American.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice lady... ;)
I'm not an American, but I'm proud to have American car, and a muscle car to boot. That lady should be proud that you are driving a car that is an American legacy, instead of bitching about the noise.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice lady... ;)
I'm not an American, but I'm proud to have American car, and a muscle car to boot. That lady should be proud that you are driving a car that is an American legacy, instead of bitching about the noise.
Same here, I usually go for Japanese cars, but my first thought was to go straight for the Challenger.

It was early in the morning mind, she might not have had her coffee. The wife thought it was quite amusing, me getting told off like a little kid :smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts