Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Today is my B-day and I thought a Nitrous kit on my 392 beast would be a nice B-day gift to my self but before I venture into something like this I thought I'd ask first. So....... any of you guys do this mod to your cars ? If so please let me know how your experience went, good, bad, easy, hard..... most of all is it worth it ??? and the cost. Any input would greatly help in my choice.

Thanks, MEANGREEN:4-wavey:

·
Registered
210 Posts
How big of a shot are you thinking about doing? I think a 75-100 shot should be fine with a good tune. Anything bigger you might want to look at replacing the pistons. It's like boosting the stock motor over 7lbs (Not good) I don't have any experience with N2O, but back in my fast and furious days I raced a buddy of mine twice, first race all motor I blew his doors off, second race he sprayed me with just a 50 shot and made me look like a just stopped racing. So ever since I've been a believer

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
I run lots of nitrous on my charger, I have for years. I used to run a 125 shot on my 6.1 stock motor. I used a zex kit with a nozzle which was kind of mickey mouse. Now I stepped up to a direct port currently spraying a 300 shot going for a 500 shot soon.

I would recommend you contact nitrous outlet and run one of their plate systems. You will get the bigger bang for the buck with that kit

100 shot or bigger you need to run 1 step cooler plugs (For every 100HP shot you go 1 step cooler FYI)

Nitrous is a blast!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been considering nitrous for a few months as well, but im not sure how it works with a stick shift car, I heard about a window switch? what is that all about? is nitrous reliable as in (not backfiring and blowing my manifold to pieces) on a stick shift challenger? anyone have any info on that application?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitrous for the beast

Hi all, its been awhile..... when and if spring ever shows up I will be looking into a nitrous kit for my beast as mentioned above however I forgot to mention the following............ the motor is (STOCK) 392 the only mods are
a better flowing exhaust and a Diablo 93 tune. Could anyone fill me in of what kind of nitrous kit would be the best for this application ? I do not want to open up the motor and change anything.... she's only got 5100 km on the odo. I'am looking for a safe but desent kick when nitrous is switched on.

Thanks, MEANGREEN:4-dontknow::4-wavey:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts