Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that has occured twice so far this year....in the sub-zero weather....the car will start normally at home...I will drive it some distance in sub zero weather(20 to 40 below zero F)....turn it off...come back within 10-30 minutes, and I have a problem starting it up because it seems that the brake pedal is frozen!......After I panicked the first time and pulled out the start button, rocked the car back and forth, I pressed very heavily on the brake pedal and the car started.....the second time(2 months later), I tried and rocked the car back and forth and then remembered to press heavily on the brake(I thought I was going to bend the pedal) and the car started.....Any ideas? I have asked my dealership service manager to check with Chrysler, but nothing yet....

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I haven't been able to look at mine since it is under wraps but isn't there a switch behind the peddle that is activated to allow the car to start? Maybe it defective or misaligned. Did the dealership find anything? Keep us posted . Lou.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts