Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is flipping out and quite frankly making me angry! My stereo keeps connecting to the uconnect by itself, tries to spit a CD out (there is no CD in there) and after it does this I cant use any of the buttons around the navigation NONE no buttons will work. If this happens I use the buttons on the steering wheel, sometimes the tweaker BS stops those from working too. The sun roof will also get stuck open if the car acts up. Im really hesitant to take it to the dealership as I don't feel like them looking at my car for 10 mins and charging me 175. I have changed fuses. I'm guessing it might be a ground wire or the battery but I'm not sure. Helpppppp!!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,879 Posts
Iffy batteries can cause a host of weirdness. I would have the battery checked.

Reactions: jklotz10 and nunya

·
Premium Member
12,477 Posts
Do you check the connections to you battery? I would start there. As Dodgeguy stated your next move should be to pull the battery and get it tested. After that you may need to make a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you check the connections to you battery? I would start there. As Dodgeguy stated your next move should be to pull the battery and get it tested. After that you may need to make a trip to the dealership.

I had the pesky airbag recall they disconnected everything I can check again. I will definitely start with the battery I hope that's all it is thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: purchased a new battery. Having the same issues but now are escalating the radio hasn't turned on for a few days but still tries to spit a CD out/ drops the screen down. The buttons still do not work on the side (the other night when driving I noticed the right side buttons don't even light up anymore if that helps get me information at all lol) what's the next step from here? Do I need a new navigation system? Or go to the dealer and let them rip me off? Lol

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Which radio/head unit does your car have? There are multiple places that repair or exchange the MyGig RER and probably the others also. If it is a MyGig RER do a Google search for "mygig repair".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts