Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into a nitrous install on my 2011 3.6L SE. From what I can tell, it is recommended to install the gas/fuel nozzle in the air intake tube after the MAF and before the throttle plate, about 6-12 inches before the manifold. . Where is the MAF???? I have a K&N cai. Cone filter to tube to throttle body which attaches directly to intake manifold. Who hid the MAF? Is it part of the throttle? Also.. the IAT sensor is just about where the nitrous nozzle would go. I have to think that this should be placed in the intake tube BEFORE the nitrous nozzle or the nitrous would freeze it and destroy it. :4-dontknow:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I think you're having problems locating the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor because Chrysler doesn't use them on the Pentastar 3.6L engine, at least according to this thread: 3.6 Pentastars owners, SO far so good !
The Pentastar V6 continues the Chrysler tradition of not using mass airflow sensors; Chrysler is unusual in never having used MAF sensors, instead continuing to use MAP sensors, aided by computer algorithms. The cost is extra development time and extra testing, but the benefit is being able to use a lower cost, often easier to diagnose sensor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. you are correct, I just did some research and Chrysler uses a MAP, not a MAF. OK, I am not so bright. still want to hear from anyone that has installed nitrous.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Yes.. you are correct, I just did some research and Chrysler uses a MAP, not a MAF. OK, I am not so bright. still want to hear from anyone that has installed nitrous.
Please don't think this is something that I thought you should have known. Until I ran a search for it, I didn't know either. You were bright enough to ask the question and that's usually 9/10's of the battle, and I just happen to know how to conduct online Boolean searches since I do that almost every day as an IT admin. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am really wanting to know about this too. I have to say, either I am looking in the wrong places or I am disappointed in the amount of aftermarket support for these cars.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am really wanting to know about this too. I have to say, either I am looking in the wrong places or I am disappointed in the amount of aftermarket support for these cars.
Should of seen 2 years ago, before tuning was available.

I was really close to buying Nitrous until i heard of a supercharger coming for the 3.6L. I emailed ZEX and they had a kit lined up for my v6 and with all the cool addons it was going to cost me $1200, but the kit by itself was only $700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts