Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hellcat, Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl, Dual Carbon Stripes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last September I purchased a 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 with the promise that it had Sport Mode settings and would work well on a road course...wrong! I just traded that vehicle for a 2016 Ivory White Pearl Challenger Hellcat with 1,261 miles. The prior owner only drove the car once or a year or so and it sat in the garage under two car covers. He traded this in for an SRT Super Stock (that will likely sit in his garage). Looking forward to some performance advice and open track brake and tires suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Wow - a Hellcat with under 1300 miles? Awesome! Not familiar with Hellcats and road course use but there are probably others who have! And, I think the 1320 editions were made for a quarter mile/straight line? Anyway, Congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - a Hellcat with under 1300 miles? Awesome! Not familiar with Hellcats and road course use but there are probably others who have! And, I think the 1320 editions were made for a quarter mile/straight line? Anyway, Congrats!
Yep, 1320 was straight line as noted by the name (i.e. 1320 feet in a quarter mile). The dealer told me it has the Sport Mode which would work like the others on a road course, but it did not. It had a ton of body roll and the springs and shocks are different than a "regular" R/T Scat Pack or T/A. Not exactly something you can check on a test drive, but in the end I got a better car.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
salesman was just that, sales. like you said, the 1320 is a quarter mile car, not a road course car, that being said, the hellcat won't be much better in the road course, in my opinion, too much power and too heavy. probably better if you had gotten an r/t hemi and worked from there. either way, congrats on your purchase of such a low mileage hellcat.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,016 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Illinois! You found exactly the car in a condtion most people search for years to find and rarely do. Even better than a car "Driven by a little old lady and Only to Church on Sunday".

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,439 Posts
I think it will be fine... lol... just be prepared for brembo brake dust everywhere..... Not sure how many laps before the car says enough... this picture is from the Tail of the Dragon... I have Nitto 555 G2's 275 in front 305 in the rear....

20200510_150340.jpg

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,029 Posts
welcome from ny

Reactions: kickingaz

·
5,439 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trust me, the tires promptly filed a restraining order against me.....lol
What tires were you running? I used to run the Nitto NT01s on my track cars, but they don't come in a 275/40R20 and I'd like to keep that size all around. I bought some Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires from Tire Rack and ran them on my '20 Scat Pack R/T 1320 and only managed a peak lateral of 1.04, but a forward lateral of 1.04 as well on one session (no wonder I ate through the brakes).

·
5,439 Posts
What tires were you running? I used to run the Nitto NT01s on my track cars, but they don't come in a 275/40R20 and I'd like to keep that size all around. I bought some Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires from Tire Rack and ran them on my '20 Scat Pack R/T 1320 and only managed a peak lateral of 1.04, but a forward lateral of 1.04 as well on one session (no wonder I ate through the brakes).
I have Nitto 555 G2's... and I run on the Sport setting... Track mode feels skittish over high speed bumps... imho...

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,859 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
18,759 Posts
Welcome from NJ.
Glad to have you here.
Nice move to get the car you want.

·
Trigger657
2,816 Posts
Last September I purchased a 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 with the promise that it had Sport Mode settings and would work well on a road course...wrong! I just traded that vehicle for a 2016 Ivory White Pearl Challenger Hellcat with 1,261 miles. The prior owner only drove the car once or a year or so and it sat in the garage under two car covers. He traded this in for an SRT Super Stock (that will likely sit in his garage). Looking forward to some performance advice and open track brake and tires suggestions.
Picture of the Hellcat please. That's the year that interests me.

·
Registered
22,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts