Dodge Challenger Forum banner

"Not this Rt" is right

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Danny Mopar 
#1 ·
Drove my car to work this morning. (I put a supercharger on it this past winter)
And this F150 pulls up on my butt at a light. Really tight and over to the left to make sure I saw him. Feeling uncomfortable and having literally no one in front of me I pull a little in 1st to create some distance but the guy was still on me. I dropped the hammer in 2nd and 3rd and he was a tiny blip into rear view. Guy
Pulls up to me at a light a few miles down asks me to roll down my window. He asks" that thing sounds sweet! What do you have done to it?"
Just a few things I reply. He says" man I normally can stay pretty close to the rt's but not that one " I just said " no not this one" and drive on. Kinda fun after working on it all winter!

Reactions: jackal
#4 ·
Sweet Chet. Did you get a chance to ask him not ride your bumper next time?????
You know I was so excited about the whole exchange and the power I actually forgot about the " infraction " until now. Good point though! I should of asked

#7 ·
It always amazes me how often it is the truck guys that want to race.
I know right? It's like they want to say" I have the best of both worlds! A truck for truck stuff and speed for the muscle car guy in me!"

#10 ·
That's awesome...had a similar thing on I-85 yesterday. Guy in a BMW on my tail even though we were rolling about 20 over the speed limit. I got tired of it and just jumped on it. Think I hit 115mph and had a ton of space behind me before I pulled over and let the car slow down to 70 or so.

BTW, I got 23 MPG on a tank of either Shell or Sunoco 93 riding between 70-72mph (cruise control on). Thought that was pretty good on a supercharged engine. Magnuson's claims that they're s/c really doesn't hurt your gas mileage too much seems on the nose to me.

#12 ·
So, an F150 can hang with an R/T?? I doubt it.
Same. He said " stay pretty close" I wonder what his idea if " close" is

#15 ·
I smoked a Toyota Tundra a few months back, they also have a 5.7 in them. It was a good race until third when the challengers get into their groove. I was gone.

Your story is a great one. Makes all those hours worth it. I would have scolded him for driving so close before I accepted his compliment though, I hate that s&$t. That's how like 80% of accidents happen, someone is just too close.

#16 ·
i have alot of trucks try to hang with me in a curve. i'll never understand that. :4-dontknow:
here lately i just drive how i want. after watching a car in my rear view mirror almost loose it trying to keep up, i don't want to feel responsiable for someone wrecking because i raced them. now if they want to ride my butt and try to keep up, it's there call. :gy:

#17 ·
Yesterday I was leaving Sterling, CO after attending a funeral. On the outskirits of town is a short four lane highway. I wasn't in a hurry just thinking about the trip home. All of a sudden a deep water blue Challenger races past me in the left lane, cuts in front of me and then quickly turns onto a side street. First Challenger I have even seen in that town! It was a nice car, though it was a bit dirty. I don't know if he just wanted to prove he had the faster Challenger or what?? I couldn't even tell if it was a V-6 or 5.7. I would have just enjoyed visiting with the owner!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.