5,650 Posts

· Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,362 Posts
Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

· Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
739 Posts
It was choppy. Broke a turnbuckle bolt. Stainless bolts look pretty but it don’t take much to sheer em

When we bought that boat the installation job was horrible. It broke a motor plate bolt every weekend. Steve Stenton (Racey Industries) redid the whole boat. I was working there at the time and had my hands in a bunch of it. I think it came out nice

If you look at the motor closely you will see some not so common hardware

· Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,639 Posts
It's Winter, I can't help dreaming' for warm breezes...Some oldies with the Twista' Plates!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle registration plate Sky

· Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
739 Posts
Vertex sintilla mag not very uncommon. Least not on boats. Look at the front of the motor. (Motor sits backwards in a boat so the end facing the transom or rear). The whole front of the motor is gear drives! Lol. What all is drivin?

· Registered
878 Posts
I was scratching my head when I originally saw the pic, me said to me.... hey wait i'm looking at the fuel pump, harmonic balancer, and what looks like the timing chain assy, but hmm the headers are also facing back. I mean Front, No wait, ok im confused, LOL...

So the back of the motor is right behind your drivers seat and the front of the motor faces the back of the boat and the headers are facing the front, I mean back (which is actually the front, LOL)
Man that must have taking some thinking and modifications, THAT'S THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX (y) Old School 426 Hemi Engine ? Is it Jet Drive ?

· Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
739 Posts
How fast it goes depends what gears are in the v-drive (and what prop is on it). Until you get to right around 140? Dunno. It only has 795 hp and water creates a lot of drag. We had some tall gears in it and ran 130something at the drags once but it’s a ski race boat so we took a bunch of overdrive outta it. Skier creates a lot of drag. Like a parachute would. (When yer going 105, 110 : )

*it was a rush with the taller gears but I made many a grown man cry (taking them for first fast boat ride) stabbing it at 30 or 40 mph with what it has now. Goes from 30 to 110 quick

· Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,650 Posts
Scene from the Andy Griffith Show;

Gomer Pyle : He hopped up an old V8 engine, put it on his rowboat. That thing'll do eighty. Now that's fast on water.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: James72 and Derecho

· Registered
878 Posts
Dam that is some impressive MPH :oops:
I have a old friend I've known for decades through work that races professionally, WHM Motorsports Offshore Racing. I don't know much about boats but he has the fighter jet cockpit and a Helicopter and Diver that follows him around the course. I've watched him race on TV many times and have seen some of his friends die while doing it, all hell can break lose QUICKLY at those speeds. It takes what 3 people to just drive the thing; Wheel Man, Throttle Man, and Nav Man ? (I think) this was his set up for the 2022 season
Water Watercraft Boat Drag boat racing Sky

· Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,639 Posts
🦕The Hunt for Dino the Bronto...Caught, on Camera!🦕
Found him in the nearby town of Wilmington, IL and looking suprised to see me // He had a bit of 'gas', so I didn't hang around too long!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Missed Front End Friday, So I'll Bookend It Here To Show The Other Side Of The Dino...🦕
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Sky Land vehicle

· Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,362 Posts
🦕The Hunt for Dino the Bronto...Caught, on Camera!🦕
Found him in the nearby town of Wilmington, IL and looking suprised to see me // He had a bit of 'gas', so I didn't hang around too long!
View attachment 317258

Missed Front End Friday, So I'll Bookend It Here To Show The Other Side Of The Dino...🦕
View attachment 317259
You didn't turn your ride around for the second photo...

1361 - 1380 of 1393 Posts