Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T/A 392 Destroyer Gray
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one they'd like to recommend? I'm sick of having to remove my tune every time I go to the dealership, so I'd like to have a cover on the port that I can lock.

I know I'd have to remove it at the dealership when I get there so they can scan me in, but I'd like to be able to lock it back up while they do work.

The ones I've seen don't lock and say custom tune on them, I don't want it to say that since I'm still under warranty. I'd like to say I just don't want updates, since they usually screw things up anyways.

Thanks for any opinions.:)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Anybody have one they'd like to recommend? I'm sick of having to remove my tune every time I go to the dealership, so I'd like to have a cover on the port that I can lock.

I know I'd have to remove it at the dealership when I get there so they can scan me in, but I'd like to be able to lock it back up while they do work.

The ones I've seen don't lock and say custom tune on them, I don't want it to say that since I'm still under warranty. I'd like to say I just don't want updates, since they usually screw things up anyways.

Thanks for any opinions.:)
Whilst I understand your feelings, Updates and the availability of the Port for the Dealership to carry out their duties is crucial.. We all need Flash's & Updates at times.. Not everything the Dealerships do is bad.. L

·
Registered
2017 T/A 392 Destroyer Gray
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whilst I understand your feelings, Updates and the availability of the Port for the Dealership to carry out their duties is crucial.. We all need Flash's & Updates at times.. Not everything the Dealerships do is bad.. L
Update or flash with my consent is one thing, but I don't want it being done without my knowledge. I don't want any done unless I'm having trouble with something. All I've ever heard about updates are power robbing emissions crap and flashes that cause my trouble than they fix.

I know they need to scan me into the computer with vin number and mileage and whatnot, and plugging into the port is the fastest way, but once I'm in the system, I want them locked out until I know what and why they are playing with my pcm.

Plus, I really hate having to sit in my car for 50 mins reloading my tune every 3 months for an oil change. Last time I killed my battery in the middle of the night with my windows down in my apartment complex. Not a fun night, lol.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Update or flash with my consent is one thing, but I don't want it being done without my knowledge. I don't want any done unless I'm having trouble with something. All I've ever heard about updates are power robbing emissions crap and flashes that cause my trouble than they fix.

I know they need to scan me into the computer with vin number and mileage and whatnot, and plugging into the port is the fastest way, but once I'm in the system, I want them locked out until I know what and why they are playing with my pcm.

Plus, I really hate having to sit in my car for 50 mins reloading my tune every 3 months for an oil change. Last time I killed my battery in the middle of the night with my windows down in my apartment complex. Not a fun night, lol.
50 min DANG I can switch my tunes in about 10 mins at the most. Really it takes about 5-7 mins. When I take my car into the dealership for a oil change they never hook anything up anyhow but I leave my tazer plugged in. But I do feel you on not wanting to have the car updated of flashed in any way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.