Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a simple way to mod the window controls to allow a one touch up feature?

I don't know if any other Mopar products have this feature, but if they did I'm guessing a transplant might be workable.

I know it seems pretty minor, but when you've got another vehicle in the family that Does have that feature... I catch myself trying to close the windows with one touch and momentarily wondering why they don't go up!

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
My wife's Liberty does it and I find it annoying. I think your only chance at a swap (within Mopar) would be if a regular cab Ram can do it because you would need one that only has two window switches on the driver's door.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yeah I had an Infiniti that did it but I have adjusted back to it now, but nice to mention getting it from another car in the family. I will have to do some looking around.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have been surprised that any auto manufacture has a one touch auto roll up for fear of a lawsuit of a kid getting their hand or arm caught in the window going up. I can just picture a Mom standing outside of their car, car on, talking with someone and a 7 year old kid rolling the window up and down and up and down... seems like a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I read the reviews Jackal and the first 3 out of 4 said it was junk. I would not buy it. Just saying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe I didn't check Amazon before posting! There appear to be several shown there, although some look to be used with an alarm system.

As far as safety goes, the Autoloc unit mentioned above and the manual for my wife's car talk about load sensing & "jam-safe". Her manual also mentions having to reset the power window controls after battery disconnect. I wonder if that situation affects the after market units & is behind some of the problems with them?

I think I won't be rushing into anything until I hear of something rock solid. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've been researching this since before I even got my Challenger. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it. Just about all other Chrysler vehicles have it, at least for the front windows. My '09 Ram had it, and it was a VERY nice feature. The Charger and 300 have it for the front windows, as does the T&C and the current Rams.

As painfully slow as the windows are in this car, it's a feature that they really should have included. My guess is it has something to do with the frame-less windows and the auto roll down/up feature when you open/close the door. The likelihood of that Amazon kit being compatible with that is slim to none, so I never even considered it.

To those stating legal issues with kids getting decapitated... there is a sensor that automatically stops and reverses the window if it encounters any resistance.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I would like to have the auto down on the key fob as well as Dodge quite doing that on the '12's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It can't be because of the frameless window...I had a VW CC before my Challenger and that was frameless with auto-up. There has to be a logical reason dodge didn't add this...right??? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
of all the little things we can do with the hidden menus this SHOULD be an option

1 - 13 of 13 Posts